Thread: 3.03 oeb bootsounds?

Andrew12106 is offline -Hacks Newbie

any way to do a custom bootsound on the firmware i mentioned above? xflash says that the feature is only for 1.5 and 2.7. how are people getting xflash to flash bootsounds on 3.03oe?

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

You could try psp filer 2.5

enzogt14 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Turn off PSP, turn on PSP while holding down R button. Recovery Menu should be on your screen go to configuration and change "Game Folder Home-brew" to 1.50 Kernel. Exit Recovery. Now on the XMB interface go to Settings>System Settings>Restore Default settings and reset settings. You'll go through the initial setup again, (THIS DOES NOT RESET YOUR MEMORY CARD). Now you can launch X-Flash 18K.

If still not working make sure your Parental controls are off, also make sure you have your AC adapter is plugged in while Flashing.

PITBULL50 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I tried this on 3.02 OE-A' and it did not work. I upgraded to 3.02 OE-B and it still did not work using Xflash.

Fallenlatkiu is offline -Hacks Smarty

I tried on 3.03oe-a,didnt work. I tried on 3.03oe-b,didnt work. Ok so we have confirmed it doesnt work.

PSPNON TA-082) 2.71->1.50->1.50custom w/ devhook0.51->3.02oe-a;3.02oe-b ->3.03oe-a;3.03oe-b w/ custom ->3.03oe-c ->3.10oe-a\'->3.30oe-a->3.30oe-a\'
    PSPTA-082) 2.81 -> 3.03 ->1.50(NO BRICK!!)->3.03oe-c ->3.10oe-a ->3.10oe-a\'->3.30oe-a->3.30oe-a\'
    FTW 3.30!

enzogt14 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well what version are you using?

nesto21 is offline -Hacks Newbie

There is a way to customize your sound on 3.03 OE-B but you need X Flash V18K (Which I am using) you have to first connect your usb and go into the X Flash folder(ms root/psp/game/_sce_XFlash/XFLASH/MODIFIED) then go to the modified folder, in the modified folder you should see a coldboot.vag replace that file with a new one (If you find someone with a custom made sound replace the coldboot.vag and what ever else they have in the folder with the sound with theres) .... after that exit out of the usb connection and start up x flash .... when started go to number 2 and press your D-Pad to the right till you see "Change the standard opening sound effect, XMB menu error, or select sound effects. Press 'X' to apply External Opening Sound" when you press X and restart your psp you should have your custom sound .... Lataz.......:)

hpl912 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

when i tried to load the x-flash, it says game could not be started.. :/ what's the problem?

skunkator is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hpl912
    when i tried to load the x-flash, it says game could not be started.. :/ what's the problem?
    same happened to me watsup with that??

or if u wanna join a modding crew 4 gta.... join here: www.psp-heavengtamods.co.nr