Thread: Easy way to apply the PSP logo to custom gameboot?

Orpheus is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I know everybody hates the sony logo, but I wanted to know if there's an easy way to apply the existing logo over my custom gameboots. Basically I want to get the sony logo appearing over the front of my converted avi, preferably so it becomes visible at the end so I don't have just a plain frozen image at the end.

Also is there a way I could change the colour of the sony logo in the even it clashes with the colours of my avi?

richluk is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It will show the PSP logo if you just replaced the gameboot.pmf

Thanks for the reply. I know it displays if only the gameboot has changed, but what I really wanted to do was to incorporate it into the gameboot.pmf itself so that it wont disappear when using a custom theme etc.

The only way I can think of doing this is to find the logo itself (not sure what file it's stored in) then convert it to an avi, open it up in imageready to separate the individual frames. I could then superimpose the frames onto the frames of my custom gameboot and recreate the gameboot.pmf.

I was just wondering if anyone might know an easier/simpler way?

Cheesy is offline -Hacks Titan

The logo is in opening_plugin.rco.

You can extract it from a decompressed one using RCO Editor.

Alternatively you could download the font Minimalhard and use the type tool to put it in.

If you want to do that on an existing pmf, you would have to convert that pmf to avi first.

There really is no easy way to do it other than just leaving the logo in the opening_plugin.

Ah, thanks very much for the advice. Looks like it will have to be the hard way then! :mrgreen: