Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Boot Sounds for 3.52-4.01 M33 Firmwares

highboy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Default Custom Boot Sounds for 3.52-4.01 M33 Firmwares

Coldboot sound for 3.52-5.00 Custom firmware

Update--->Fixed an error in redirecting the gameboot to the ms and a few other things

I will try and go step by step for someone that has not done this before and needs to start from scratch so here we go

Tools you will need:.
    ===================
    1:.Atrack3 Codec
    2:.GoldWave
    3:.CSR V4 (for 352)
    4:.BSR V5.0 (for 3.52-5.00)

Installing the codec:.
    ===================
    Download the atrac3 codec and extract on the desktop.Once you have done that you will see the files as shown below.

Now you need to right click the atrac3.inf file and then click install.if any warnings come up just push forward and agree you should be fine

Installing Goldwave:.
    ===================
    Download goldwave and click the installer you will be greeted with the same familiar interface as your use to

Now there may be a few windows pop up saying things like file name needs renamed but just follow what it says and you should be good to go no problems

Preparing your sound:.
    ===================
    Open goldwave and the click file open or just drag your sound in that you would like to edit.it will look something like below when you have that done.

i hope to give you the general idea what you need to do in order to get it done.first of all we need to get the sound just under 4 seconds long any longer and you will not hear it when you start the psp.we do that by grabbing the right or left side of the blue screen and dragging it to where we want the sound to be cut.it should look something like below when you get that part done.

Now you can see the blue part is about 2.5 seconds long i could have it longer but for this sound it is all i want.we could quit and save our file then go to the next step but as the visual shows the sound is very low and would be hard to hear so while we have it in here lets boost the volume up.to do that all you need to do is click effect at the top of the window then highlight volume lastly click change volume in the slide out options.there should be a new smaller window now like the one below.

in that little window you can change the volume level but I'm just going to show you the basic so you can get an idea of what you can do so click the drop down in the presets and you will see one that says double click it and then click ok that will do what it sugjests.with this sound I'm working on here the one time double was not enough so I'm going to do that same thing a total of 3 times to get what i think is a good level.look at the picture below to see what i mean.

Ok now we have a clip under 4 seconds long and with a good volume level so we can actually hear it when played so i would say its time to save it so we can move on to the next step.to do that all we do is click file at the top of the window then click save selection as.the save selection as window should open and you need to pick a name for your file save it as wav with the attributes as atrac3 105kps stereo.it should look like the picture below

making the prx:.
    ===================
    all you need to do is select your firmware then browse to the sound you made with goldwave finally click save as to save the opening_plugin.prx done and done.

If you go to flash the opening_plugin.prx to the dir flash0/vsh/module but you cant see the module folder then you need to enable this setting on your computer so they show.to do this click the start button then control panel then folder options.make it look like below and then tou will see the module folder in flash.

If all went well you should be enjoying your new bootsound.if you have any problems please just ask and i will help in anyway that i can.i also made a video of some of what you see here you can download that below.

Download the video here

Last edited by highboy; 10-31-2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: app is updated
    Check out my apps Here

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

lol, I just sent you a pm about this, so ignore it please. And thanks for the tut. I'm going to follow it once though and if it's easy to follow, you've got a sticky!

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

btw, you can use Goldwave and the atrac3 codec to make your WAV file more quickly.

Also, you may want to link to a decrypted 3.5x opening_plugin.prx, I found one here: http://forums.maxconsole.net/attachm...6&d=1185366994 (edit: just noticed you added one)

While this tut could have been a lot simpler, that's probably because I already have my own preferred tools for all these functions, I'm sure others will find it very descriptive. The screenshots are good too.

good tut and again thanks for the contribution

Here's what I made: http://www.sendspace.com/file/cfp9ul
    It's this wav file converted: http://www.freesfx.co.uk/aliendloop_65bpm1_stereo.wav

i hope someone get a use of it.its my first tut and i see some things that could have been different but the general idea is there.

Neonix i see that you uploaded an rco can you please upload the prx.thanks man
    Check out my apps Here

Startropic1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm a lil confused. I have my sound saved as a VAG, which I made from a WAV in MFAudio. I have to make it into an OMA file? Where on flash0 do I put this?

Quote Originally Posted by Startropic1
    I'm a lil confused. I have my sound saved as a VAG, which I made from a WAV in MFAudio. I have to make it into an OMA file? Where on flash0 do I put this?
    first of all what firmware are you on.if you are 371,352,351 theres is no need to convert to vag just to take the wav and convert with sonicstage to get your ATRAC3plus file.i maybe shouldnt of added that part but i know theres alot of good coldboot sounds out there from older firmwares.if you need any help just respond or pm,email me.
    Check out my apps Here

Startropic1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by highboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Startropic1
    first of all what firmware are you on.if you are 371,352,351 theres is no need to convert to vag just to take the wav and convert with sonicstage to get your ATRAC3plus file.i maybe shouldnt of added that part but i know theres alot of good coldboot sounds out there from older firmwares.if you need any help just respond or pm,email me.
    I have 3.71 m33-3, I have my sound as a wav too. Where do I put the OMA file?

you need to convert so it it can be injected into the opening_plugin.prx then you need to copy that and paste into the 371 prx its all up there in the tut.start where it says this---->The perfect way: create 96kbps Atrac3plus encoded file
    Check out my apps Here

ONEDEADLYVENOM is offline GameBoot King -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by highboy
    you need to convert so it it can be injected into the opening_plugin.prx then you need to copy that and paste into the 371 prx its all up there in the tut.start where it says this---->The perfect way: create 96kbps Atrac3plus encoded file
    Hey Highboy Nice Tutorial btw , I really been wanting to be able to do coldboots for 3.52-------> thru to the current cfw 3.71 m33-2 or whatever updated m33 thats out thurrrrrr lol!

So this tut is gonna come in handy , okay I wanna collaborate with u if ya dont mind ......please I want 2 learn this baaaaaaaaad check ur pms asap !

Okay I am not a avid sound forge user I am my familiar with Goldwave so how do i change my former steps to the newer steps u outlined grrrrr sony threw me a curve ball , I liked the ole coldboot ways of the past sry but oh well , I have to adapt I guess so I will sign up for ur class now !

Ttyl meng :mrgreenthumbsup:

ODV out!
    IT'S A DICTATORSHIP HERE NOW WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THREADS WE CREATED ! WOW AND THEY SAID NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ! WHAT A LIE ...
    I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYMORE REQUESTS MY FRIENDS NO GAMEBOOT OR CINTRO OR COLDBOOTS! I AM SURE I WILL GET BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH TOO ..

Maybe goldwave is better to be honest i dont know as dont use sound forge that much so im going to download goldwave and maybe update the tut.thanks for reading and ill help in anyway i can.
    Check out my apps Here

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast