Thread: [Request] Just want this put into my opening_plugin.rco since I'm a tool and can't

andro_jeans is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default [Request] Just want this put into my opening_plugin.rco since I'm a tool and can't

image -- http://www.mediafire.com/?zyze3mzxjwl
    opening plugin -- http://www.mediafire.com/?zyw3mmaxdzf

I can't find how to get this to work. I just want a black background with the OPENSuse icon. Nothing special. I've looked, but I can't find a tut or anything. I'll change the .vag later.

Thanks in advance.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by andro_jeans View Post
    image -- http://www.mediafire.com/?zyze3mzxjwl
    opening plugin -- http://www.mediafire.com/?zyw3mmaxdzf

I can't find how to get this to work. I just want a black background with the OPENSuse icon. Nothing special. I've looked, but I can't find a tut or anything. I'll change the .vag later.

Thanks in advance.

I made the logo smaller and put the image in the alpha channel:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ik5itzxyhmn

Maybe highboy or one of the other guys can work on it and make the logo larger, but if the dimensions are too high you'll just get a white box.

Edit - I injected the image into this new 5.00 rco as well:

http://www.mediafire.com/?twdxtf2ktxt

Looks like you're using a 5.00 RCO, but the one you uploaded semi bricked my PSP.
    Last edited by Rob S.; 06-07-2009 at 03:14 PM.

*laughs maniacally*

my bad. it came from the flash0 version of the Project7 Sharp Black theme. I've not had any issues with it. However, something weird happened to my slim this morning. I was watching some of The Brak Show and my slim wouldn't turn off and started to give video read errors. When it finally did turn off, it wouldn't turn back on at all (with battery or ac adapter) and I, fortunately, happen to have a fat battery and a working 1001 to Pandora my slim and now it works again.

so *shrugs* I don't know. Nonetheless, thanks, sire. I'm going to try to do that alpha channel thing. I like linux soo much that I'm wanting to make a Knoppix, OPENSuse, Ubuntu, RedHat and SLAX ctf (they'll all, sadly, be nearly the same).

EDIT: It's still not working. Maybe it's just my psp, but all that happens is that it boots normally but, instead of a black BG with the OPENSuse 'coin'-thingy, it just boots normally with that "filmy"-looking grey background that happens when you try to use a fullscreen opening_plugin.rco image that has too many colors in it.
    Last edited by andro_jeans; 06-07-2009 at 04:46 PM.

I love the Large Original Revisited, but I'm kind of working on something I'm calling "Project OPENSuse 7 ~Revisited~" and, other than your []OX/\ gameboot, I want to know how you implimented the "Reboot" icon in your theme. As in, what is the replacement file called? I'd have thought it was "update.prx" but there is no such file in the flash0 provided with the theme.

lftv_plugin.prx

Makes the location free player icon reboot or shutdown.

You can swap code in vshmain.prx to move the icon over to the settings column and just change the image file with rco editor.

You will lose the location free player though.

pardon my Sweedish, but, F*** the location free player.

I realized right before I uploaded it to mediafire that the "them" I was "creating" was just my own personal customization of Project7's -Sharp Black- and 'twould be rather homo for me to even upload it. I think I'm gonna' work on it, but slowly (due to needing to study for and pass a test) and upload it when I'm done. I hope you don't mind me using [a part of] the gameboot you used with your Revisited to put this thing together? (I ended that with a question mark due to the fact that - via PM or posted reply - I would like some confirmation one way or the other regarding that.)

Quote Originally Posted by andro_jeans View Post
    pardon my Sweedish, but, F*** the location free player.

I realized right before I uploaded it to mediafire that the "them" I was "creating" was just my own personal customization of Project7's -Sharp Black- and 'twould be rather homo for me to even upload it. I think I'm gonna' work on it, but slowly (due to needing to study for and pass a test) and upload it when I'm done. I hope you don't mind me using [a part of] the gameboot you used with your Revisited to put this thing together? (I ended that with a question mark due to the fact that - via PM or posted reply - I would like some confirmation one way or the other regarding that.)
    You can use the gameboot.

If you're looking for the same gameboot fade effect where the gameboot fades into the background, you'll have to hex edit opening_plugin.prx.

opening_plugin.prx - 0x30 - Gameboot transparency

Set it to around 3000.

The higher you set it, the more transparent the gameboot will be.

I wish I could give you MORE rep, but, since I've already given you too much (according to the site's board manager), I can't.

Oyabun for president of hacking.....