Thread: PSP Boot up sounds

Irongladiator is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default PSP Boot up sounds

Hey Guys I was wondering how long the PSP cold boot up sound can be? (Not the actual game boot, but rather the cold boot up when you 1st turn you PSP on) Thanks!

**UPDATE**
    Nevermind, I found the answer on "Highboys" site, apparently it has to be just shy of 4 secs, or it wont play at all when you boot it up!

Last edited by Irongladiator; 06-17-2009 at 08:03 PM.

ONEDEADLYVENOM is offline GameBoot King -Hacks Veteran

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Irongladiator View Post
    Hey Guys I was wondering how long the PSP cold boot up sound can be? (Not the actual game boot, but rather the cold boot up when you 1st turn you PSP on) Thanks!

**UPDATE**
    Nevermind, I found the answer on "Highboys" site, apparently it has to be just shy of 4 secs, or it wont play at all when you boot it up!
    Ok bro 3.9 is pretty safe but I have pushed a couple of my boot up sounds aka " coldboot" up to 4.1 secs max many times n safely so hey if ur feeling adventurous go for it !

Flash at ur on risk btw even though I know it ill work I just wanna cover my azzzzz lol

ODV out !
    IT'S A DICTATORSHIP HERE NOW WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THREADS WE CREATED ! WOW AND THEY SAID NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ! WHAT A LIE ...
    I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYMORE REQUESTS MY FRIENDS NO GAMEBOOT OR CINTRO OR COLDBOOTS! I AM SURE I WILL GET BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH TOO ..

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I've had 10+ second boot sounds from memory. The sound does get cut off if you cause something else to be played (ie XMB click sound).

highboy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA View Post
    I've had 10+ second boot sounds from memory. The sound does get cut off if you cause something else to be played (ie XMB click sound).
    i wouldn't mind seeing that for as far as i thought it was not possible.i have tried many times when i was making my boot sound replacer to no avale
    Check out my apps Here

Nothingface420 is offline Theme Developer -Hacks Veteran

I've gotten a 8 sec bootsound to work with no problem, but you have to change the delay in the opening_plugin.rco to 8000 or the psp will freeze
    (I wouldn't recommend any higher than 8 sec though)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface420 View Post
    I've gotten a 8 sec bootsound to work with no problem, but you have to change the delay in the opening_plugin.rco to 8000 or the psp will freeze
    (I wouldn't recommend any higher than 8 sec though)

i tried that also but how did you get the sound it self to fit in the prx.i forget the size but i know when i used to do the ole copy and paste in hex editor the prx would always make the psp freeze on start up.thats why in my editor i cut the file to whatever size that i cant remember right now.
    Check out my apps Here

Nothingface420 is offline Theme Developer -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by highboy View Post
    i tried that also but how did you get the sound it self to fit in the prx.i forget the size but i know when i used to do the ole copy and paste in hex editor the prx would always make the psp freeze on start up.thats why in my editor i cut the file to whatever size that i cant remember right now.
    can't really remember it's been awhile, I know I used one of the older versions of your app.
    I had problems with freezing if the sound was anywhere over 8 sec & if I didn't change the delay in the opening_plugin.rco.

I remember getting it to work because the bootsound was still going while the XMB was loading.

might need to try it again
    did the previous versions of your app have the cutoff file size?

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Ah, I forgot it got moved to the PRX. Still, it would be possible depending on the compressibility of the sound itself (silence probably compresses the best).

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA View Post
    Ah, I forgot it got moved to the PRX. Still, it would be possible depending on the compressibility of the sound itself (silence probably compresses the best).
    yes thats what im thinking,however small u could make the file size to fit the 60 k or whatever minus the header and footer kind of deal.it also has to be in atc format or whatever not sure if that compresses well to be honest.

and what are u doing slumming over here anyway.board with ur current projects ?.rco editer 2 would be great as i cant get your code to carry on that master piece.u ever see that zz3 i think he called himself,man he was in sink that rco stuff just like you.
    Last edited by highboy; 06-20-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    Check out my apps Here

ONEDEADLYVENOM is offline GameBoot King -Hacks Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by highboy View Post
    yes thats what im thinking,however small u could make the file size to fit the 60 k or whatever minus the header and footer kind of deal.it also has to be in atc format or whatever not sure if that compresses well to be honest.

and what are u doing slumming over here anyway.board with ur current projects ?.rco editer 2 would be great as i cant get your code to carry on that master piece.u ever see that zz3 i think he called himself,man he was in sink that rco stuff just like you.
    Yea Z33 is the name ... Yo I would like that 8 secs to be implemented also really cool project imo !

ODV out!!!
    IT'S A DICTATORSHIP HERE NOW WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THREADS WE CREATED ! WOW AND THEY SAID NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ! WHAT A LIE ...
    I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYMORE REQUESTS MY FRIENDS NO GAMEBOOT OR CINTRO OR COLDBOOTS! I AM SURE I WILL GET BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH TOO ..