Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Star cintro request/help

YenRou is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Lucky Star cintro request/help

Hello,

I've been looking for a Lucky Star cintro for days now and haven't found any yet until I finally decided to make one myself and boot it up using Autostart V5.

This however, didn't work as expected and froze while booting up (Black screen).

So I finally gave up and attempted to use my Lucky Star gameboot.pmf (which works perfectly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83w5kekDb8Q&NR=1

and renamed it to cintro.pmf and again the same problem (black screen + freeze)

Can anyone here please be so kind to give me a Lucky Star cintro or explain what went wrong?

PS: I've tried random cintros (Windows Vista) before and it works fine. The problem has to be the cintro I made.

Thank you.

Last edited by YenRou; 12-08-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Missing info.

highboy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

upload ur cintro so i can test as i downloaded the gb from youtube rename to cintro and works just fine.i think your problem is in the autostart maybe try and reassign the button to different one.anyway ya upload so i can test it here then we will know for sure.
    Check out my apps Here

Default Sorry

I'm sorry. I deleted the cintro I made already.

I actually followed this tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M3CJ78I1fQ

so I wouldn't need to press any button for the cintro to boot.

The Vista cintro works perfectly but the gb which I renamed cintro.pmf didn't work.

PS: Is there a way to simply flash the cintro? Sort of like key click sounds and gameboots? That would be so much simpler.
    Last edited by YenRou; 12-09-2009 at 08:29 AM.

theres no need to start anouther thread my friend.we are not done here and you say make me a cintro without providing and video or time line or well anything.i cant do all for you as im not you.help me help you and we will get this problem solved.

just flash the cintro to the root of memory stick like you did before.i watched the video and its not bad but try different things like the reassign button as i already told you.disable all plugins and try if works then enable one at a time shit like that.if you try all that and still cant get it to work we will start at the beginning.
    Check out my apps Here

Quote Originally Posted by highboy View Post
    theres no need to start anouther thread my friend.we are not done here and you say make me a cintro without providing and video or time line or well anything.i cant do all for you as im not you.help me help you and we will get this problem solved.

just flash the cintro to the root of memory stick like you did before.i watched the video and its not bad but try different things like the reassign button as i already told you.disable all plugins and try if works then enable one at a time shit like that.if you try all that and still cant get it to work we will start at the beginning.
    Sorry about the other topic.

So let me list down what I tried (and failed):

- Followed the tutorial (from the previous post)
    - Followed the tutorial stickied in this forum
    - Turned off all other plugins
    - Tried different buttons (Autoboot, L trigger, R trigger)
    - Tried flashing cintro to flash0.
    - Tried flashing cintro separately by editing the opening_plugin.rco with another picture. (Got a white picture)
    - Tried flashing sound of cintro only. (Freeze at bootup/sometimes it even skipped the intro)

Then I tried to change the sound of the intro using your BSR and it worked perfectly (Thanks btw )

The only thing I need to figure out now is how to replace the default intro.

Can simply flash the cintro to flash0?
    I know they're 2 different formats (.pmf and .rco) but can I convert them somehow?

Also can I use .gif files or videos as a cintro?

Thank you

EDIT: I tried the tutorial from mime over at PSPMod and it didn't work either. I tried running the PMF Player like a game and it played the cintro.pmf file.

Then I went to recovery mode to enable:

-Skip SCE logo and
    -Automatically boot PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP

The SCE logo still appeared and the cintro didn't play. What the heck?
    Last edited by YenRou; 12-10-2009 at 12:01 AM.

ok i am seeing that you maybe are a bit confused of what a cintro is.a cintro is a video that plays when you first start the psp not to be confused with the text,wave and sound that play when you start it.the sound as you know is in the opening_plugin.prx.the text and wave that show are in the opening_plugin.rco.both of these have nothing to do with the cintro and or the autostart plugin.

with saying that i need to know can you now start any cintro when you turn on the psp.that would be the cintro.pmf that you put on the root of your memory stick.it dont matter it its a gameboot.pmf renamed to cintro.pmf i just want to know if any will work.

i think the answer should be yes but am not.if it is yes then go and find a lucky star video that you like and yes it can be a gif as i will convert whatever it is to avi then to pmf.

all i need from you is if anything plays and if so a source and a time line of where to start and stop the video.

hang loose my friend and dont worry we'll get you going.

btw--thanks for the comment on bsr it was the first piece of software i wrote back in the day.
    Check out my apps Here

Quote Originally Posted by highboy View Post
    ok i am seeing that you maybe are a bit confused of what a cintro is.a cintro is a video that plays when you first start the psp not to be confused with the text,wave and sound that play when you start it.the sound as you know is in the opening_plugin.prx.the text and wave that show are in the opening_plugin.rco.both of these have nothing to do with the cintro and or the autostart plugin.

with saying that i need to know can you now start any cintro when you turn on the psp.that would be the cintro.pmf that you put on the root of your memory stick.it dont matter it its a gameboot.pmf renamed to cintro.pmf i just want to know if any will work.

i think the answer should be yes but am not.if it is yes then go and find a lucky star video that you like and yes it can be a gif as i will convert whatever it is to avi then to pmf.

all i need from you is if anything plays and if so a source and a time line of where to start and stop the video.

hang loose my friend and dont worry we'll get you going.

btw--thanks for the comment on bsr it was the first piece of software i wrote back in the day.
    No I can't start anything using the Autostart V5 plugin. I followed this tutorial again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCSPceSd8I

step by step. I'm sure I didn't miss out a single thing. The cintro didn't start.
    If I reset from XMB via reset button, it skips everything and goes straight to XMB. If I shutdown completely and reboot, it freezes. The only way I could get to the XMB was to go to recovery mode and clicking on exit.

I also tried to autoboot a game and it didn't work.
    The strange thing is that the first time I followed the video it worked perfectly but once I replaced his cintro with mine it all went to hell.

I really don't know what the heck is happening here

Is there anyway I could just simply flash the cintro to flash0 like the intro_plugin.prx?

Thanks for your encouragement!
    Last edited by YenRou; 12-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YenRou View Post
    Thanks for your encouragement!
    no it dont go in flash0.it goes in the root of the memory stick.the psp is going straight to the xmb cause you change that setting in recovery."skip sce logo" or something like that i forget but ya.as far as the auto start this is what id like for you to do.

remove all plugins from the seplugins folder.remove the auto start from the game folder.

download this rar and extract to desktop or where ever.after that drag all into the root of you memory stick and click yes to mearge.

then start into recovery to make sure its enabled but should be.turn the power off the psp and hold it off foe maybe count to 5.

start psp and hold the X button you should see video play

let me know my friend and i know its going on and on but dont give up.

EDIT---sorry forgot the link

Download
    Check out my apps Here

Default Thanks

Thanks highboy

But there is a little problem...

1st It's not working
    2nd The autostart configurator is set like this: Cross (ms0/PSP/GAME/CINTRO/EBOOT.PBP)
    3rd There is no PMF Player in the rar file
    Last edited by YenRou; 12-11-2009 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YenRou View Post
    Thanks highboy

But there is a little problem...

1st It's not working
    2nd The autostart configurator is set like this: Cross (ms0/PSP/GAME/CINTRO/EBOOT.PBP)
    3rd There is no PMF Player in the rar file
    ya i set the button to X.i took it right from my psp and rared it so should be in there.

i c ur on now do u have yahoo messenger ?

my id is thehighboy

EDIT---here is the pmf player.please put in game folder

Download
    Last edited by highboy; 12-11-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    Check out my apps Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast