Thread: Gameboot restrictions

xxsmokinjokerxx is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Gameboot restrictions

I've recently been expeirimenting with gameboots and I have made two 4 sec. long gameboots but I was wondering what the time limit on gameboots are or what the file size should be under so I don't brick my psp. I've read that it depends on my psp model, how much space your Flash0 has and firmware but can't find a consistent answer. I have PSP Phat 1xxxx 5.00 m33-6 any insight is helpful. thnx.
    P.S. To change my gameboot I usally just replace the one in my ctf theme in the vsh\resource folder, edit the opening_plugin.rco and recompile with CTF Tool.

Last edited by xxsmokinjokerxx; 01-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.

blake1211 is offline -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by xxsmokinjokerxx View Post
    I've recently been expeirimenting with gameboots and I have made two 4 sec. long gameboots but I was wondering what the time limit on gameboots are or what the file size should be under so I don't brick my psp. I've read that it depends on my psp model, how much space your Flash0 has and firmware but can't find a consistent answer. I have PSP Phat 1xxxx 5.00 m33-6 any insight is helpful. thnx.
    P.S. To change my gameboot I usally just replace the one in my ctf theme in the vsh\resource folder, edit the opening_plugin.rco and recompile with CTF Tool.
    im pretty sure that gameboots can't be longer than 20 sec (may be 19) as for size im not sure but i would guess as long as it can fit in the flash0 (or on the MS if you have it on ctf or modified to read from the MS) it should be fine (as long as its 20 sec or less)

don't think changing the gameboot will give a high brick rate if the gameboot is not there or not working then you will just get a blank screen when starting a game/homebrew

your pretty much safe if your using ctf and not changing the flash0 directly