Thread: Could someone give me a walkthrough

digil is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Could someone give me a walkthrough

This might be a lot to ask, but I hoped someone could give me a quick step-by-step of what I need to do. I'm currently running 5.50 gen-d3, using CXMB for custom .ctf themes, and have AutoLoader running a .pmf cintro. What I want to do is take that .pmf cintro and put it in the .ctf theme so that I don't have to use autoloader. I know there are applications out there that will let me decompress the .ctf. From that point do I have to decompress opening_plugin.rco? And after that, is it as simple as inserting the .pmf that I want and compressing them all back again?

Any help or points to the correct applications would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I may also be interested in a gameboot inserted into the theme as well.

blake1211 is offline -Hacks Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by digil View Post
    This might be a lot to ask, but I hoped someone could give me a quick step-by-step of what I need to do. I'm currently running 5.50 gen-d3, using CXMB for custom .ctf themes, and have AutoLoader running a .pmf cintro. What I want to do is take that .pmf cintro and put it in the .ctf theme so that I don't have to use autoloader. I know there are applications out there that will let me decompress the .ctf. From that point do I have to decompress opening_plugin.rco? And after that, is it as simple as inserting the .pmf that I want and compressing them all back again?

Any help or points to the correct applications would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I may also be interested in a gameboot inserted into the theme as well.
    i don't think putting the cintro into a ctf would work cause its being played from the autostart + PMF player combo and not from the firmware i may be wrong though

the gameboot switch is easy all you need to do is use ctf tool to extract the ctf that you want to change the gameboot then go to where you extracted the ctf and open the vsh/resource directory and replace the gameboot.pmf then rebuild the ctf with ctf tool

digil is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks. Yeah, the gameboot.pmf part I get, but I'm wondering how (if possible) I can take a .pmf cintro, and use it as a coldboot so that I don't have to use the AutoLoader + PMF Player combo.