Thread: The Mostest Bestest Mario Sound Theme

Labatryth is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default The Mostest Bestest Mario Sound Theme - For 5.00 M33

YOU NEED CUSTOM FIRMWARE 5.00 M33 TO DO ANY OF THIS SAFELY.

I have tested both RCO's on my PSP, which is running Custom Firmware 5.00 M33 - 6, with the 1.50 Addon.

Hey guys! This is Labatryth Lyndynhyra. I joined this site a little while ago, and so far I love it, and am really excited about being part of the PSP community here. That said, I am proud to present my first original XMB clicksound theme! I call it The Mostest Bestest Mario Sound Theme. Please note that this theme is auditory only. It changes the clicksounds heard when navigating the PSP XMB menu. It DOES NOT include customized PSP XMB menu icons. However, I have a certain icon set that I use with this, and here is the link to it:

~~~~~~~~~~~
    topmenu_icon.rco
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a preview of the XMB with the icon RCO installed:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do not know who made that awesome theme, but I give them full credit for their work. As for my actual Mostest Bestest Mario Sound Theme RCO, here it is:

~~~~~~~~~~~
    system_plugin.rco
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for a few details about my Mostest Bestest Mario Sound Theme.

When the cursor is moved, the New Super Mario Bros. Coin sound plays.

When a menu is accessed via the triangle button, the "Here we go" Luigi voice from Mario Kart 64 plays.

When certain choices are confirmed, or folders are accessed, Princess Peach will be heard, saying "Alright!", from Mario Kart 64.

When choices are canceled with the O button, in most instances, the Super Mario World Yoshi Mount sound will be heard.

When certain errors occur, Wario's voice will come on, saying "I'm-a-Wario! I'm-a-gonna win!", also from Mario Kart 64.

When really bad errors occur (Hasn't happened to me yet so I haven't heard the voice), Mario's voice will play, saying "Waaaaaaaaaaaao", from a spin-out when hitting a banana peel in Mario Kart 64.

When the Internet Browser is canceled out of with the O button, or in various instances in which yes/no options are presented, Yoshi's voice will play, saying "Yoshiiiiii!", from Super Mario 64 DS, and a few other games.

Unfortunately the default clicking sound is still there in the PSP XMB menu in some places, such as when a memory stick is accessed. In the Internet Browser the sound is very obvious(And annoying). I plan to replace this boring sound with that of fireballs in Super Mario Bros.. However, all my attempts to do this have so far been unsuccessful. Version 2 of my Mostest Bestest Mario Sound Theme will feature working fireball sounds.

============================================
    INSTALLATION OF BOTH PARTS OF THEME (Average Users):
    ============================================

1. Download a program called Tweakshop. Again, credit for program goes to original creator.

Here it Is: (Release) XMB TweakShop for 5.00 M33 (Formerly Gameboot Editor +)

2. Install on PSP, as detailed on that site.

3. Download my theme files above.

4. Once you have copied the Tweakshop folder to the root of your PSP's memory stick, and installed Tweakshop on your PSP via the PSP folder, as well as unhidden the Flash0 of your PSP with the FLASH0 UNHIDERS, you can make a folder in {Your PSP}:/Tweakshop/Clicksounds/. Place my system_plugin.rco file there, and run Tweakshop on your PSP as you would any other homebrew program. If you downloaded Tweakshop, the Mario icons will already be installed on it, in {Your PSP}:/Tweakshop/icons/Mario/.

5. Move the cursor to CHANGE CLICKSOUNDS, and press X. Move the directional pad down until you see the name of the folder in which you placed my sound theme(system_plugin.rco). Hit L + START, and you will be prompted to install the theme. It's pretty straightforward from there.

6. Optionally, you can go back into the main Tweakshop menu and go down to CHANGE ICONS. From there you can browse to the folder you copied the icons theme(topmenu_icon.rco) into, and hit L + START to apply that as well.

7. ENJOY!

==============================================
    INSTALLATION OF BOTH PARTS OF THEME (Advanced Users):
    ==============================================

I have tested both RCO's on my PSP, which is running Custom Firmware 5.00 M33 - 6, with the 1.50 Addon.

1. Download the files you want from above.

2. Turn your PSP off completely and hold R during turn-on. This takes you to the Recovery Menu, provided you are on M33 or Dark Alex's custom firmware.

3. Move the red cursor down to "Advanced", and press X (Or O, depending on how you have your PSP set).

4. Connect your PSP to your computer via a USB cable.

5. Move the red cursor down to "Toggle USB (flash0)", and press X (Or O, depending on how you have your PSP set).

6. Browse to your PSP drive, and click on it. You will see the root of the Flash0. This is the NAND of your PSP (I believe). You had better be careful here, for there's lots you could screw up royally. You should see 6 folders. They are: "data", "dic", "font", "kd", "km", and "vsh". You should also see a file named "pmp_usb.ini". If you do not see all of these folders and files you need to go to the file menu of the window you are viewing Flash0 in, and click Tools>Folder Options, and go to the "View" tab. Under "Hidden files and folders", check "Show hidden files and folders". Hit "Apply", or "OK", and you should now be able to see all folders and files in your Flash0.

7. FOR THE ICONS(topmenu_icon.rco): Copy to {Your PSP}:/vsh/resource/. OVERWRITE THE FILE ALREADY THERE. DO NOT DELETE THE ORIGINAL.

8. FOR MY CLICKSOUNDS(system_plugin.rco): Copy to {Your PSP}:/vsh/resource/. OVERWRITE THE FILE ALREADY THERE. DO NOT DELETE THE ORIGINAL.

9. Go to this icon on your taskbar tray(Usually in the bottom right corner of the screen), and click "Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device - Drive{Your PSP}:".

10. Move cursor to "Exit" on your PSP Recovery Menu, and you're done!

11. ENJOY!

=================

Just a couple notes. Don't get gung-ho with Tweakshop or Flash0, and start applying all sorts of changes to your PSP. You could mess things up really easily, and recovering a corrupt flash0 is a tricky thing indeed. So, use and copy with caution. I speak from experience.

Also, I hope you enjoy my theme as much I did working on it. Feedback is appreciated. Keep your eyes peeled for Version 2! Once again, it will do away with those annoying default click sounds in the XMB menu. So stay tuned! Enjoy the theme, and have a great day. If you need any help, don't be afraid to reach me at n64.bowser@gmail.com.

Last edited by Labatryth; 10-07-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Before anyone tries any of this:

What firmware is this for?

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

That is a very important question. Sorry, this thread went through several revisions while writing. It must have gotten left out. It's fixed now. Sorry.

LOL. Any downloads?

pspnerd12 is offline -Hacks Newbie

sounds freakin annoying

urbangangsta101 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Why would you want a Mario theme on a Sony console? Surely this kinda thing would be better on a DS?