The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!




 
Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?




Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

 


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Cold Boot and Game Boot help

  
  1. #1
    peronmls's Avatar
    peronmls is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    3

    Question Cold Boot and Game Boot help

    I know how to make Cold Boots and Game Boots and have all the tools to make them but I don't know how to install them or where opening_plugins.rco is. I cant find it in VSH/Resources.

  2. #2
    Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    216,157
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hacked PS3, with CFW
    PKG-Install Dev_Blind (mounts flash writable)
    PKG-Install FTP Server

    Install FTP Client on PC

    Find the tutorial, and read it. It is VERY simple.

  3. #3
    peronmls's Avatar
    peronmls is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    Hacked PS3, with CFW
    PKG-Install Dev_Blind (mounts flash writable)
    PKG-Install FTP Server

    Install FTP Client on PC

    Find the tutorial, and read it. It is VERY simple.
    I mean for the PSP

  4. #4
    junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    How can you know how to make a Gboot and not install?
    Funny.

    Anyways, here are some opening_plugin.rco files.

  5. #5
    peronmls's Avatar
    peronmls is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junKie View Post
    How can you know how to make a Gboot and not install?
    Funny.

    Anyways, here are some opening_plugin.rco files.
    They say it's the same way as making an animated icon. Thanks for the file but what do I do with the opening_plugin.rco now? Sorry if I'm being difficult.

  6. #6
    junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peronmls View Post
    They say it's the same way as making an animated icon.
    Who told you that?

    Quote Originally Posted by peronmls View Post
    Thanks for the file but what do I do with the opening_plugin.rco now?
    I thought you knew how to make them.
    Gboot Tutorial.

  7. #7
    peronmls's Avatar
    peronmls is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junKie View Post
    Who told you that?


    I thought you knew how to make them.
    Gboot Tutorial.
    I know how to make a video and .PMF and I have the UMD Tools.
    Does that create both Game Boot and Cold Boot?
    And I don't know what to do with the opening_plugin.rco you gave me or what to do with it.
    All I see the video do is show me how to make a .AVI into and.PMF and I can do that already. I need to know where to install it and what to do with the opening_plugin.rco. Where do I put it for a Cold Boot and where for a Gameboot.

    EDIT

    NOW I'M GETTING CONFUSED! People on here are saying coldboot and cintro are different. HELP ME
    What is a Cold Boot?
    What is a Game Boot?
    What is a cintro?

  8. #8
    junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peronmls View Post
    I know how to make a video and .PMF and I have the UMD Tools.
    Does that create both Game Boot and Cold Boot?
    And I don't know what to do with the opening_plugin.rco you gave me or what to do with it.
    All I see the video do is show me how to make a .AVI into and.PMF and I can do that already. I need to know where to install it and what to do with the opening_plugin.rco. Where do I put it for a Cold Boot and where for a Gameboot.

    EDIT

    NOW I'M GETTING CONFUSED! People on here are saying coldboot and cintro are different. HELP ME
    What is a Cold Boot?
    What is a Game Boot?
    What is a cintro?
    If you use HighBoy's Gboot creator, it makes a compatible opening_plugin.rco with the gameboot.pmf file.

    When your done, you put both gameboot.pmf/opening_plugin.rco in flash0:/vsh/resources

    ColdBoot: Sony Playstation Portable (when you boot your PSP)
    Game Boot: Short Clip that appears when you launch a game.
    Cintro: Short Clip that replaces the Cold Boot.

    If you want to make a Cintro, you just rename gameboot.pmf to cintro.pmf

    But, you need a plugin to run it, AutoStart.
    http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/sho....php?tid=27582
    It's #17 in that list.
    The download of that plugin should contain a Read Me file.

  9. #9
    peronmls's Avatar
    peronmls is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    ok thanks. I got the gameboot working but it overlaps the psp gameboot. whats up with that? how can i fix it?

  10. #10
    junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Replace that image in opening_plugin.rco
    with a 1x1 transparent image.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •