Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A reminder and some consequences for stupid thread titles

DK_92 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've lurked around here for a bit to look for answers to some problems I've had that a few other friends weren't able to help me out with.

It is BEYOND annoying to see all these STUPID IDIOTIC threads titles "Noob needs help" or "Another lame question" or WHATEVER other asinine title someone dreams up. How the HELL is that supposed to be useful to anyone, much less attract the attention of someone who might actually have an answer?

Beyond that, I've noticed that it's often the same retard and they've usually not paid any attention to what advice was given them, and they're simply rewording the question or asking something and hoping to lead back into the first question nobody cared to look in a "m3 sO LosT - n33d h3Lp" to answer the FIRST time.

I know I have so few posts as to be looked at as a prick, but a lot of the problems seem to be a damn catch-22. Some "noob" MAY have looked for some topic like the problem he's having, but doesn't see one, so he posts another equally illiterate post. Some "old-timer" here reads their post as "this idiot hasn't even bothered to search", and gives them a response that their post seemed to merit, leading to further idiotic responses from the "noob" because he's not understanding where to go.

Have a descriptive title. Period. I'm part of another forum that has a specific sub-forum that's titled "Non-useful thread titles". Any of these 'tard topics get sent there. If the original poster goes back and modifies their thread title to be useful to the general population, it's put back in the proper forum.

Since it's a pain in the ass to moderate (but eventually makes the whole damn forum a MUCH nicer place to visit), continued practices of such idiocy result in a 1-day ban, 3-day ban, 7-day ban, and finally, a permanent ban. Attempting to skirt the bans results in your IP being permanently banned.

I know it's harsh, but there's FAR too much idiocy to sift through just to get a meaningful answer, which is why it pisses people off. "Noobs" won't search PRECISELY because there's so much crap, and old-timers won't help because there was no search attempt. I'm sure you guys can see how this affects the entire forum. It's like a pissing match in here in so many threads, which is ridiculous.

My $.02

OGTiago is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

fimmy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by OGTiago
    :o

sticky is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

:::: [11th Squad Vice-Captain - Yachiru~!]::::

laurence is offline -Hacks Guru

If your wondering where I am and cant seem to find me around I\'m at ps3-hacks

edefux88 is offline -Hacks Newbie

thats sad but true

Crocodilius is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Its true. Why dont the mods rename any of these titles into Ones that make sense, and therefore be found in searches. I even do it from time to time. I'll stop putting stupid titles on from now on.

The Brand new Forum dedicated to PS3 & PSP Gaming/Hacks/Homebrew/Reviews/Tutorials and everything else in between. The latest installment in the Hugely successful "-Heaven" franchise. Visit NOW!

cr0bar is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Bit of a bump, I know. I'd like to see this famous forum for myself.
    Ваше будущее умирает сегодня.

fimmy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

waldog is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast