Thread: Status Suggestions...

sirtifiedacc is offline -Hacks Member

Thumbs up Status Suggestions...

Just a little suggestion that may save a little bit of thread space on here—and it may have already been talked about, as I am a little new to the forum. But I was thinking about it and it honestly seems there are more “Help” threads posted than any, as my first post was a “Help” thread. And 95% of the time, the first post to every “Help” thread goes as follows:

“It would help to tell us what kind of PSP you have Fat? Or Slim?”

Or

“Are you running FW? Or CFW? If so What version?”

Or iterations of the like…

Well anyhow what Im getting at is it seems like it would be a great idea to include that information under our account names, so that way its visible first hand. So when you enter the thread you’ll see something like

<Screen Name>
    PSP Type: < EX) Fat, Slim & Lite, Slim & Brite or PSP1000, PSP2000, PSP3000 (for sake of consistency) >
    Software Version: < EX) 3.00, 5.02, etc… >
    OFW or CFW: < EX) OFW , CFW >
    Primary Memory Stick Used: < EX) Sony 8GB Mark2, Sandisk 2GB, etc… >
    Magic Gate Supported: < EX) Yes, No, Unknown >

So mine would appear as the following:

SirtifiedAcc
    PSP Type: PSP2000
    Software Version: 4.01
    OFW or CFW: CFW
    Primary Memory Stick: Sony 8GB Mark2
    Magic Gate Supported: Yes

Some of this may be a bit extraneous but it’ll eliminate a lot of unnecessary post, and its always good to know what each other is working with. It’ll minimize flame posts, and itll provide enough info to keep a legitimate thread going...

LMK what you think.

Jared

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

update your firmware ...lol you should be running 5.00-3 M33 now

It would be useful for helping noobs because they always fail to provide this useful info but how many noobs would go to the trouble of filling all that out before they post in the help section ..... my guess would be around 2%

Quote Originally Posted by jibbz View Post

It would be useful for helping noobs because they always fail to provide this useful info but how many noobs would go to the trouble of filling all that out before they post in the help section ..... my guess would be around 2%
    Yeah you have a point. But all you would have to do is make these fields manditory when filling out your account information. With a brief explanation of what each thing is.. ei:

PSP1000 - 1st gen (Fat) Psp
    PSP2000 - 2nd gen (Slim) Psp
    PSP3000 - 3rd gen (Brite) Psp
    and have them select from a drop down box...and the same applies with the other options. I think it would help because it kinda keeps people up to date... when someone new see's that theyre running 1.50 on their fatty, and see you have a fatty thats running 5.02.. they make take the initiative to upgrade. I know on some local forums there are manditory introductions..which helps us newbies familiarize ourself with the forum without blatantly posting nonsensical help threads that usually end up closed or un responded to after the 3rd or 4th threadpost. Maybe its a lot of hassle and too much work.

The only possible con I see to this is supposedly Sony Execs are lurking the forums to find out what the consumers have and what they use their PSPs for...

Quote Originally Posted by jibbz View Post

Lol yea I'll be sure to update, I just havent gotten around to it yet. Waiting to get my library classics back in my posession. [=

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

What about people who don't sign up for help? Wouldn't it just be annoying?

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Or just one line that reads (in my case):

5.00 M33-3 [Fat]