Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dash hacks network master log on

Clock Work is offline -Hacks Ninja

Default dash hacks network master log on

is it possible to have just one log in that could access all of the dash hacks network forums (ie. xbox360-hacks, psp-hacks, nes-hacks, etc.)

it would be nice, easy and quick for users, also it might improve inter community relations between the different dash hacks forrums.

since this is the first place i found i did a lot of work helping here before trying the other forums, but i noticed that i didnt really get much respect from the other forums

i know that the psp is kiddie pool stuff when compared to hacking the 360, but it would be nice to be recognized across the various forums, to kinda prevent the "your a noob" type bull shit.

before you think well you are a noob to 360 hacks so thats why you need a new sign on.

i really just want it to be one log in for all the forums, having inter forum respect would just be a nice side effect.

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

i dont think its possible. well it is but there are too many members here (100,000+) that the same names are taken. i have "Mick" as a login on PS3, 360, NES but not here as it was already taken

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

This site uses vbulletin and the others use punbb. I dont know if that makes a difference or not. Also this issue has been addressed before and people decided it wasnt a good idea.

I also think hacking the 360 is just as easy as the psp. Pre-pandora days I always feared bricking when downgrading, upgrading, and changing themes. It was not possible to brick the Benq drive I had in my 360 so I never worried.

Aaron*1 is offline -Hacks Guru

Sadly I don't think it would work, it would be a very good idea if it did though...

BTW, are you Mr.FixIt?
    Potato.

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
    This site uses vbulletin and the others use punbb.
    Thats the main reason it wont work. Back in the PunBB days the software might have been retoolable to use the same database for logins but its way too late for that.

I have to have seperate logins for notebookreview and desktopreview even though there on the same same server with the same software. WOuld be nice if they would do this.

greg is offline PSP-Hacks -Hacks Veteran

some day, hopefully sooner rather than later, I'd like to merge all the forums into vB. but like KoukiMonster said, some user names are likely to clash - it could get ugly, real ugly. it'll no doubt require some careful planning.

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I think its a bad idea altogether.

You hack PSPs, so what?

Just because you know how to mess with PSPs doesn't mean you know shit about modding 360s; in which case, yeah you're a noob. So how about you help on the other sites or participate more so you can move away from the "noob" category instead of trying to live off your PSP-hacks rep instead?
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

RainMotorsports is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie View Post
    I think its a bad idea altogether.

You hack PSPs, so what?

Just because you know how to mess with PSPs doesn't mean you know shit about modding 360s; in which case, yeah you're a noob. So how about you help on the other sites or participate more so you can move away from the "noob" category instead of trying to live off your PSP-hacks rep instead?
    Im not sure i can agree with you but to a point you have a point. A unified login really isnt necessarily about rep unless your going off the original post.

Your point does stir up problems like sigs, my PSP sig links arent gonna be so great on the 360 site when im pushing my 360 hacking tool.

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

This guys whole thing is that he doesn't want to be treated like a noob on other -hack sites just because he isn't as active on those sites as on PSP-Hacks.

My argument is that he is a 'noob' on those other sites if he doesn't know anything about hacking or modding those consoles, so why should he be regarded as an expert or non-noob when he really is?

He just wants them to see that he has a glorious 356 posts here so can seem like an awesome member on those other sites too and be taken more seriously but i don't think it should work that way. In my opinion he should just prove himself by helping the way he does here supposedly and then he'll get the 'respect' he's talking about.

If you guys are really into this whole idea though why not just make it something simpler then somehow combining all the -hack forums? I was thinking maybe we could just link our accounts from all the -hack sites so that it displays a few extra lines of text under the avatar or something.

Like this:

On the left i just added "Dookie at Such and such.com" so people can see you belong to many other -hack sites. However these lines of text would also be links to my username page ON that website. So lets say i just posted some help on Xbox360-hacks.com but the person im helping sees that ive just registered on that website recently and wants to know if im a credible person. He can see that im also signed up on PSP-hacks and PS3-hacks so he can click on either links and see my information.

The picture on the right i guess makes it even easier. It would include my rank on the left and my post count for on the right. It would also be clickable like on my suggestion above though for further details
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Thats not a bad idea imo Dookie.

I like how the sites are separate honestly. I love the PS3 side but its not as laid back like it is on this side. I think if it all got merged the Administration would butt heads and it just wouldn't be the same psp-hacks that I have come to know and love (favorite site btw).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast