Thread: Voting for a thread.

Kerrigan666 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Default Voting for a thread.

I voted for my own thread just to experiment and to my surprise it accepted my vote!In my opinion the OP should not be allowed to vote for his own post.

Also if you try to vote again, the same message appears
    "your vote has been added " or sth.Although the vote does not count, i think there should be a different message like "you can not vote twice idiot"! lol

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity.Lately i am beginning to doubt the first - Albert Einstein

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by dimos_bill View Post
    I voted for my own thread just to experiment and to my surprise it accepted my vote!In my opinion the OP should not be allowed to vote for his own post.
    I don't see why not.
    Why can't the OP have an opinion?

Second point - it's possibly there to allow you to change your vote. Whether or not you think it should be allowed is another thing, though I personally think it's okay since you can edit posts anyway.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Also if you try to vote again, the same message appears
    "your vote has been added ". Although the vote does not count, i think there should be a different message like "you can not vote twice idiot"! lol
    If you give a thread a 5.00 rating, then vote again with a 1.00, it would change your original rating of the thread from 5.00 to 1.00.

You're not voting twice, you just had the ability to change your original rating of a thread.

Due to a bug in vB 3.8.4 that prevented users from rating threads at all, the temporary fix was to allow users to change their original rating of a thread.

It's fixed now.

You will get this message when you attempt to change your vote:

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Okay, I rated it.
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA View Post
    I don't see why not.
    Why can't the OP have an opinion?
    Because he is biased!Will u ever see the op to say his thread sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiNgABuRgA View Post
    Second point - it's possibly there to allow you to change your vote. Whether or not you think it should be allowed is another thing, though I personally think it's okay since you can edit posts anyway.
    You have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeAkErOo View Post
    Okay, I rated it.
    Me too
    Last edited by Kerrigan666; 09-27-2010 at 02:08 AM.
    Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity.Lately i am beginning to doubt the first - Albert Einstein

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by dimos_bill View Post
    Because he is biased!Will u ever see the op to say his thread sucks?
    Plenty of times.
    Though not often directly.

Actually, I thought you meant thread polls (in which you VOTE). From the responses, I'm assuming you're referring to thread ratings (in which you RATE), which I guess I would agree that it may seem a little odd to allow the thread starter to rate their own thread.
    For thread polls, I think it's okay to allow the creator to rate vote in their poll.

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    If you give a thread a 5.00 rating, then vote again with a 1.00, it would change your original rating of the thread from 5.00 to 1.00.

You're not voting twice, you just had the ability to change your original rating of a thread.

Due to a bug in vB 3.8.4 that prevented users from rating threads at all, the temporary fix was to allow users to change their original rating of a thread.

It's fixed now.

You will get this message when you attempt to change your vote:

IMO the ability to change your vote should have stayed as the quality of a thread can change.

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke View Post
    IMO the ability to change your vote should have stayed as the quality of a thread can change.
    Yes you're right.The op should not vote his own thread and when someone votes for a second time it should say "your vote has been changed"
    I honestly hadn't thought of this argument that the quality of a post can change.For instance someone could post something very bad and then improve it
    Last edited by Kerrigan666; 09-27-2010 at 06:10 PM.