Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My suggestions

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default My suggestions

Here's a few things I would do if I was running PSP-Hacks. Feel free to argue with me if you think they're a bad idea. They're just my opinions and I understand other people often have different opinions.

Make an Electronics forum in here. Having to ask a question about Wii hacking or about soldering or about TVs in the 'Chat' section is okay, but it's not something I like doing. I feel like the 'Chat' section is the trolling section.

Also, give the normal members a hidden forum they can use to chat amongst themselves where unregistered users can't see. The chat section could be converted to this or maybe just a new forum next to chat. I'm willing to bet the admins and mods have hidden forums. Don't you enjoy that privacy? It might also be a little motivation to get people to actually register (maybe not though... who knows?).

xocomaox is offline -Hacks Ninja

i like the private registered users forum idea.
    currently playing
    テイルズ オブ リバース
    ToP: なりきりダンジョン X (0.11)
    psp-1001 5.00 m33-6

kilr4hir1996 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    i like the private registered users forum idea.
    Free ISO/CSO Site #1 if i helped you. +rep plz
    PSP 1001 sliver faceplate| 6.20 OFW | 2GB Real MS
    New to PSP hacking? Click here.

PearLBLacK is offline vaca -Hacks Enthusiast

What's the use of a private registered forum section? I understand certain private areas for special members, such as mods or members of certain groups. But I don't think a private section for registered members would do much difference. I mean, OK it might motivate others to register, but besides that, I don't see the point.

Now a private section for maybe Senior Members or Programmers, I agree. Heck, they might already exist

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PearLBLacK View Post
    But I don't think a private section for registered members would do much difference.
    What if you needed to talk about something that you didn't want showing up in a Google search? Maybe you feel like you need to bad mouth your boss or talk about a crime you recently committed or you have a question about something illegal but you don't want to ask in public in case someone tries to blame you for something?

PearLBLacK is offline vaca -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    What if you needed to talk about something that you didn't want showing up in a Google search? Maybe you feel like you need to bad mouth your boss or talk about a crime you recently committed or you have a question about something illegal but you don't want to ask in public in case someone tries to blame you for something?
    LoL, it might come in handy in that case.

Speaking of bad mouthing a boss, we should have a thread or section where we can flame each other, mods and admins included. Just an idea, even though I doubt it'll be considered

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by PearLBLacK View Post
    What's the use of a private registered forum section? I understand certain private areas for special members, such as mods or members of certain groups. But I don't think a private section for registered members would do much difference. I mean, OK it might motivate others to register, but besides that, I don't see the point.

Now a private section for maybe Senior Members or Programmers, I agree. Heck, they might already exist
    Maybe. Maybe not.

@the flaming section: Doubt it. That would get out of hand.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Unfortunately a private section for regular users wouldn't be any different to the current Chat except that registered users can't see it. The main rules would still apply, especially ones regarding adult content and pirated material because the bandwidth or server hosting company prohibits this, and the site doesn't want to get in trouble with authorities for harboring crime or illegal discussions. Anyone can register so it's not like someone trying to rat out crime would just do a quick Google search and that's it. If you want to talk about your recent assassination attempts or want to organize armed robberies I suggest you find some form of underground forum rather than trying to make a private forum area for members on a PSP hacking forum.

A flaming section is also out of the question. It would quickly get extremely abused and goes completely against the overall forum rules. What's the point of having rules when there is a public section where you can openly break them?

Senior Members, Programmers, Moderators, Super Moderators and Administrators are all groups for people who have shown their commitment to helping the forum, and they have special privileges to commend their help. This does NOT mean they can break rules, but it means they have a few extra abilities around the forum, the details of which are only revealed once you are allowed to join said group.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpus View Post
    Senior Members, Programmers, Moderators, Super Moderators and Administrators are all groups for people who have shown their commitment to helping the forum, and they have special privileges to commend their help. This does NOT mean they can break rules, but it means they have a few extra abilities around the forum, the details of which are only revealed once you are allowed to join said group.
    Case and point, I get to boss Scorpus around if I wanted to.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

We might even be able to edit your posts. Dum dum duuuum.

Moderator Message
    I'd like to see you try -Scorpus

Last edited by Scorpus; 10-02-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast