Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Those annoying Ads and spammers REALLY need to go.

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Yea. iPhone-Hacks is now more cluttered with this C.Rap then ever. We got users who sign up for no reason. Those may not need to really get deleted as it will happen automatically after a certain period of no activity so its a bit tolerable IMHO.

But those advertisers and spammers really DO need to get banned and deleted. Do you think you can do that Mods, Admins? I mean, they really are giving the site a bad feel due to their shady nature and the shady nature of their products where applicable. And they are using OUR forum for free advertisement for stuff that dont really work that good. So by that the forum is also used to spread useless bull all over the place. Which is also a downside that can affect the image and reputation of our beloved iPhone-Hacks.com

So please, Admins/Mods.. Do what you can. I'd really personally hate to see this great forum stumble because of these lame @$$ bulls. Know what am saying?

A calling, greeting and regard from Aliandro Operator. :)

The Operator!

Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

imported_nedthehead is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Note: It would be the admins who have the power to do this, and/or Greg

I kind of agree. We haven't seen it hit the highest point of spam that it could, so I say we have to clip this as quickly as possible.

On a side note, I REALLY hate those animated ads we have on every page. It lags my browser so much it's incredible. I don't mind throwing in ads, as long as they don't tax your browsing. That bugs the hell out of me

I know whatcha mean, Ned.
    We gotta cut off the roots of the tree before it starts fruiting if you know what am saying.

And bout those animated Ads, if your using Firefox you REALLY should give AdBlock a try. <<;
    And it works for more than just ad blocking, also for downloading videos and flash stuff by getting their direct link. :D

Oh, and Admins, Greg, please do tell us what you can do bout this problem. I mean, the whole User-advertising thing.

We'll be waiting, fellas! ;)

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

imported_nedthehead is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I know. Sometimes I use Firefox, but since it came out, I've been using Google Chrome. It lags like crazy in Chrome, but it loads fine in Firefox. Chrome is faster though...

Yea, I've read a bit bout Chrome but never used it. Is it good? Which would you prefer FF or Chrome?
    And what lags in Chrome but loads fine in Firefox? You mean the web?

Cuz am gettin confused here. :D

The Operator.

killacam13 is offline -Hacks Hacker

my chrome doesnt lagg at all...especially here...only when its embedded wmp stuff

Alright. Which would you recommend Killa? Chrome or FireFox?

Oh and Killa, your a Mod. What do you think can be done bout this problem? o_O;

The Operator.

killacam13 is offline -Hacks Hacker

alot could be done...guide lines...deletions...alot about the people that create advert usernames...(ill ask the others)

the adds is about money...so thats different lol
    we havta keep the sites goin ya kno?

LeifErikson is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

If you see a spam post please report. the report button is next to each post on the right hand side

mods and admins will see it and will take care of it asap

PSN: LeifErikson01
    If your life had a face, I would punch it -- Kim Pine <3
    Visit and Join iPhone-hacks

Alright. I'll report all of the ones I can find now.
    But its not gonna be 'everything'. Perhaps you should announce this in the right section so everyone can see it: Whenever you see a person advertising and spamming and whatnot, report it.
    Wouldnt it help? :)

Edit: One question. Ned, what animated Ads are you talking bout?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Random, I know. But I havent seen a single animated ad on the forum.

Ho, shiz. You mean the main page of the website, dont you? xDDDD

I feel retarded... :idea: :( :|

The Operator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast