Thread: Should we have a "Welcome to iPhone-Hacks PM"?

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Well, I just got the idea and I did see it on some other forums a while back. Whenever a new user signs up, an automated PM is sent to them with a greeting and introduction to the forum and its sections briefly.

It would make the forum look a bit more sophisticated and more respectful, wouldnt you think?

And I thought by using a poll we can know how many are with and against this idea. But of course, in the end it would be up to the admins to decide.

So, everybody, if you chose Yes, its all good. If you choose No, tell us why. And if you choose Well... Well what? Whats goin on? xD I mean, whats on your mind regarding this?

Hope to see some good replies!!!

The Operator.

Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.

imported_nedthehead is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Well, the only problem I see with this is that most users who sign up for this forum will post quick threads in "help" to try and get their problems fixed. I don't know how many would be bothered to read it.
    But on the other hand, it would encourage participation in all of those who will sign up.

There really isn't any strong argument against doing this, so Im voting yes

Aliandro Operator is offline -Hacks Guru

Exactly my point. Thats one of the reasons I proposed this idea. If people who just signed up see such greetings, they will be more encouraged to participate on the forum and thus not be one of those million hit'n'runs.... <<;

And thank you for voting yes!

We'll just have to wait for other members to see what they think about this and up to the Admins to decide whether or not to implement this idea.

Thanks again, Ned!!!

The Operator.
    Legend: (FW): Firmware. (OFW): Official FW. (CFW): Custom FW. (BB): Baseband. (JAU): Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock. (MFW): Modem Firmware. (SA) SIM Adapter.