Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iphone user site!!

son_of_satan666 is offline -Hacks Guru

People what do you think about this site bein able to be opened form your iphone in a mobile site formate?? i think this is a good idea... itll make posting and viewing posts quicker and easier...

what do you all think...??

D3aTh

Kevmau5 is offline God to All Mod -Hacks Guru

i agree, im usually on here twice a day checking up on things, and leaving's post's when i can.

It is very annoying having to use it the same way as a pc. im with you on this one.
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1

bro talk to the people above man.. need new things here.. and the iphone site thing..:P:mrgreenthumbsup:
    D3aTh

But for most people, they are probably here on there mac or pc (windows) as there phone is broken or need help. Or maybe i am wrong, i know for me yourself and the other mods it's a good idea but.......for everyone else i dont think it's as much of an issue as most don't come back.

Unless you use your phone for posting?

Anyway, get back to me and i'll see what i can do.
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Kevmau5/?action=view&current=JB.jpg&newest=1

bro i used to use my phone for posting but it became annoying zooming in and out all the time.. so i stopped posting via my iphone.. also when i was a n00b.. lol i 1st started posting here using my iphone not mac.. so... and now that we have ipad that runs on ios.. maybe it would be a good idea to have a mobile site thing...??

what say?:mrgreenthumbsup:
    D3aTh

forgot about the whole ipad thing aswell, so yeah you made the point clear.

I'll write up a convincing email tonight, and see what greg thinks.

(stupidly, im using my phone to write this right now.......hahahaha)

Right you may think there is a violation of the rule's because i am double posting, but the rule's state that i am allowed to if neccessary. and it is.....

Update, i mailed greg or whoever is the main admin for the site and asked for it to be mobile format when opened on mobile or at least have the option to.

and i also asked about the instant chat thing aswell. i did mention the pro's and no con's for each one.

Will keep us updated when he mails back.

i promise not to triple post. AGAINST THE RULES COMPLETELY and i know how much you hate it.

Update 2 Greg's reply to email (he's such a nice chap, alway's reply's very quickly)

Hi,

Thanks for the email. Yes I agree - we definitely need a mobile
    version of the forums. For PSP-Hacks I am using Tapatalk. I'm not
    sure if that's compatible with punBB or not. If not, that's another
    reason to migrate from punBB to vB.

The chat addition too I like; however, again, I'm not sure what's
    compatible with punBB. Ideally I'd like to migrate all Dashhacks
    forums into one single vB install, which I still plan to do, it's just
    a huge job in itself. vB pretty much has support for all that.

I'll tell you what, I'm going to buy another license today for vB and
    start migrating iphone-hacks first. If that takes too long I'll look
    at mobile and chat options for punBB. Unless you already know some?

- greg

So there you have it, we may see it sooner than we think. Thank's to old "oneeye" for the kickstart again. (it must be the way i word thing's)

DO NOT DOUBLE POST!! LMAO!! hahahaha.... thank god you didnt TRIPLE post lol lol..

bro this was a million years ago.. lol and yet nothing.. i was posting today from my iphone and trust me its a pain in the *** to type refer to the problem and type again.. please ask greg if his going to do this quick..

i normally read iphone news on modmyi and their app is doing rather good.. maybe we can instead look at getting an app out.. might be much better than just safari view..

another thing i just though of.. hmmm... the people who put up news on the front page need to be up to date a little quicker.. i mean half the things Redmond pie or modmyi post up we dont even ever see it here.. personally thats why i hardly read news here.. mostly never have anything good.. (no offence) :mrgreenthumbsup:

did i say sorry for the EXTRA late reply? lol SORRY man.. haha
    D3aTh

lcf13 is offline Varcolac Moderator -Hacks Veteran

well things are changed, news section is updated on a daily basis (almost), atleast the good and important things, but i agreed with you, and the main page needs to be updated more quickly!,

i like the idea of having an iphone-hacks app, or tapatalk form, or.... whatever, just to speeds up process of posting and reading!

yeah and make it easier reading and replying.. i mean the screen is relatively smaller than a macbook pro.. lol and it keep moving as you type which can get annoying lol.. :mrgreenthumbsup:
    D3aTh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast