Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noob friendly boards

kennethk is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default Noob friendly boards

I know the same old questions get annoying so I think there should be a board for noobs, if there isn't one already. I know the help boards are kind of like that but A beginners board would be a lot helpful or some sort for those just now figuring out what cfw is.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

there are stickies
    there a Search function
    there Tutorial sections

using them you can find what you need
    it is noob friendly

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

And I doubt people who just join bother to look at stickies.

What about the people that have no idea what to search for?

Again ^

Most people like my self come here expecting to get good advice and tell us where to/what to look for. It has nothing to do with not trying or being lazy.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by kennethk View Post
    And I doubt people who just join bother to look at stickies.

What about the people that have no idea what to search for?

Again ^

Most people like my self come here expecting to get good advice and tell us where to/what to look for. It has nothing to do with not trying or being lazy.
    Why would noobs bother to look in the noob friendly section? They would do what they always do, ask a question in the help section, even though there is a noob section. Just how it is.

If you have no idea, then we really cannot help you and maybe you should not be hacking.

I give the best advice I can when I help someone, maybe others are different. That said though, noobs come here and ask questions that have been asked a billion times. Google would give them the answer, but they still come here and ask.

Un®est®i©ted™

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    Why would noobs bother to look in the noob friendly section? They would do what they always do, ask a question in the help section, even though there is a noob section. Just how it is.

If you have no idea, then we really cannot help you and maybe you should not be hacking.

I give the best advice I can when I help someone, maybe others are different. That said though, noobs come here and ask questions that have been asked a billion times. Google would give them the answer, but they still come here and ask.
    Funny enough when I tried search on google it directed me to this website.

Oh well looks like I won't be winning this.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The Help section could be renamed to the Noob Section but then it might offend other noobs. The only thing that would change is the name so we might as well leave it as it is.

Stickies are the first thing I look at when I go to a different site (Android sites, different warez sites)... Can't really help it if noobs don't look at the stickies...

(I'm not trying to be mean, sorry if it comes across like that)

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

On the old PS3-hacks we had a huge section with literally EVERYTHING you needed to know. Stupid questions were still asked. They often said they didn't see it, they thought it was outdated, or they straight up said they couldn't give two shits and wanted to be spoonfed. There are loads of stickies now that explain everything. There are tutorials for CFW that start out by saying what is and isn't possible. There are FAQs. It doesn't matter, they'll still ask the same questions over and over.

Those who says questions are stupid usually give out stupid answers.

Sorry but I believe in respecting on and other and ignore fights/arguments as best I can. Though when someone joins a community that they want to be part of and some older forum member comes along and say your stupid or your question is stupid bugs the hell out of me.

Some members just need to stop being so immature we were in their shoes once and we had no idea what cfw was or even if we could mod a psp.

Isn't being part of a community mean your suppose to look out for each other instead of trying to pick fights and arguments with one and other? Of course some people don't like each other but it's the staff's job to give out quality support and make sure everyone at least tries to get along isn't?

Maybe I'm just sick and tired of joining sites to get support then have that one total dickhead behind you saying your not smart enough to do this.

This wasn't pointed at anyone here or this website just my thoughts of the matter.

Mr_WoRRieD is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kennethk View Post
    Maybe I'm just sick and tired of joining sites to get support then have that one total dickhead behind you saying your not smart enough to do this.
    oh you mean powerslave ....lol

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

We already have noob sections called "Help". We dont need another area just because you think its a good idea. Its not because its redundant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast