Thread: Introducing: LetterBomb (the letter from heaven)

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Default Introducing: LetterBomb (the letter from heaven)

A new way to hack your wii

Introducing: LetterBomb (the letter from heaven)

August 9th, 2011 by blasty · 9 Comments

Up until now the only way to liberate your Wii console and enable the use of homebrew with System Menu 4.3 was to use a gamedisc based exploit such as “BatHaxx”, “Return of the Jodi” and others.
    Today we are announcing a project that changes this completely and removes the requirement for an exploitable game.
    In memory of BannerBomb, we present you with LetterBomb , a brand new System Menu exploit that will allow you to enable homebrew with the push of an envelope (no stamp licking involved)
    This exploit reuses (and abuses) some of some Nintendo’s Wii Messageboard functionality.
    You will need:

• A Wii running System Menu 4.3 (E/U/J/K)
    • A SD(HC) card with some free space
    • Your Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (available from your Wii’s system settings). This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.
    • A few minutes of your time

For this very special occasion we have created an easy-peasy webpage that takes away some of the pain that is usually involved with getting homebrew onto your system:
    http://please.hackmii.com

This webpage will ask you for some necessary information (such as your System Menu region and MAC address), and will then return a nicely packaged ZIP file that is ready for extraction to the root of your SD card. Simple eh?
    All that is missing from that point is a boot.elf/boot.dol file (that you will need to place in the root of your card), and you should be good to go. For your convenience we have an option to prepackage and bundle the HackMii Installer boot.elf (this is enabled by default).
    So, how do I do this?
    Simple…. once you’ve unzipped the file to your SD card (and inserted it) just navigate to the “messageboard” on your Wii and in the default view you should browse to “yesterday” (the place where you usually see yesterday’s messages) – sometimes this may be “today” or “two days ago” (this depends on the timezone you are in).
    From this view you will be presented with a small envelope (that should obviously stand out against the rest of your plain old boring ones), click it, kick back, twiddle your thumbs (the Brits among you, go and make a cup of tea) cross your fingers and hope it worked.
    DISCLAIMER: We are aware of a similar exploit by giantpune (good work!), but as of today this has not been released. In anticipation of its release we decided to reverse engineer, hack and implement something ourselves.

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

mini2192 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I tried it and it froze when I clicked the mail with the bomb.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

is the SD Card setup right

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Very awesome. I already setup my wii using the ssbb exploit, but this will come in handy when i help out my friends with theirs and whatnot
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Very good. Nice to see the Wii isn't (completely) dead yet.

ONEDEADLYVENOM is offline GameBoot King -Hacks Veteran

Default Questions from a new wii user !

I'm very new in the Wii scene in fact this is my 1st post concerning the wii :-o . That being said is this all I need to get my wii doing those cool things ? Assuming I don't know anything about the wii is there anything I should be aware of or is this a permanent mod like cfw on psp e.g cfw 5.00m33-6 of psp fame ?

Any help or info appreciated thanks in advance .

ODV out !
    IT'S A DICTATORSHIP HERE NOW WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THREADS WE CREATED ! WOW AND THEY SAID NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE ! WHAT A LIE ...
    I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYMORE REQUESTS MY FRIENDS NO GAMEBOOT OR CINTRO OR COLDBOOTS! I AM SURE I WILL GET BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH TOO ..

Xfri is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Now my 2.0US wii is alive.

h3nno is offline -Hacks Smarty

Okay, nice. So what does it install? Just the HomeBrew channel? Do you still need to patch the ISO's? Or is this AIO crack?
    Black fat PSP - OFW 2.50 > OFW 3.03 > GTA:LCS downgrade to 1.50 > CFW 3.90m33-3 w/ 1.5 kernal addon > 4.01m33 > semi-brick > full brick > CFW 3.90m33-3. > 4,01m33-2 w/ 1.5 kernal addon and 4.05 visualizations.

Hacked: 21 Fats 12 Slims.