Thread: Just got the new Sonic Genesis Collection for 360

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Wow lol this game is freaking sweet. These newer games, as cool as some of them are, still don't have ANYTHING on the classic systems.

But here's why I started this thread

The whole game is basically a Sega Genesis and Pocketgear (I think that's what it was called..) emulator with a preset collection of roms burned onto a disc, that has of course been digitally signed by MS to run on a retail 360 console. Hell it even has the ability to save and load states. I'm sure you guys know what I'm getting at here... If someone could figure out how to put in custom roms like they put in custom songs in GH2 then we'd have ourselves a fully functional Sega Genesis emulator for the 360, pretty much

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

I have looked at other EMULATOR discs, such as this, and they are NOT using the standard ROM file formats like PC emulators are, and the XB1 emulators. So, so you would NOT be able to inject other roms into the image... They already figured on that possibility. Even XB1 releases that have arcade games, the ROMS are not listed like they are for MAME or other PC emulator, or XB1 home-brew emulators that use the same ROM files as the PC emulators.

IF you want t see what they do, then get a hold of an original XB1 Arcade Classic disc, and see what it looks like, you'll see what I mean...

Well the guitar hero songs are initially in a format similar to ogg as well, and encrypted. But they busted that encryption and figured out how to convert them back and fourth on the fly. I know this is NOTHING like gh2 but I think it would be the same principal. Crack the encryption, figure out how to convert in that format.. I think it's possible myself, it would just take a bit of hacking by someone who knows what they are doing.

So..... ANyone willing to try it?