Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think my xbox is about to die

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

It did this to me today while I was playing Guitar Hero.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9242/...xboxscreen.jpg

I know it's not my tv, or the video cable, because it did it to me before while I was playing it on another TV via HDMI

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Common GPU overheating symptom.

That one I got for $30.00 makes a TON of noise... I am just waiting to 3-LOD it, and send it back...

There's no way to fix it myself?

Mine is modded and the warranty sticker is gone

Not really... Unless you want to Xclamp fix, and all that stuff...

Also, I may speak to you later about modding mine, after I get a DVD drive for it. I don't care about what kind, I won't be using it on live, EVER.

I don't have the parts for my pc, nor do I have the cash to get it right now. Plus once I get the stuff I want to practice flashing my box so I will know a bit more about what I'm doing before I mess with someone elses box

But if you ship your box to me, I can bring it personally to my friend who will mod it for $30

Anyways, he said it could be the power cube or something. If not, I'll save up some cash for a warranty from gamestop ((that's where I got it from)) and take it back like a few days later, hoping they don't check the warranty sticker

Quote Originally Posted by psphackr
    But if you ship your box to me, I can bring it personally to my friend who will mod it for $30
    Naa, I don't like the idea of shipping it to you, then you taking it somewhere else. Too much fraud potential, like not getting mine back, or not getting anything back. Not only that, you have mind and manner to buy one, replace it with your broken one, and return it (fraud); I don't do business with people like that, sorry.

Also, I know it's tough to deal with people on the internet, there is no trust at all, and people have good reason to not trust. I have been ripped off too many times myself, and are just tired of taking chances. I would rather take it to someone myself, and wait for it. Your SIG, as it is, indicates YOU are doing the flash service, not a friend.

But if you click the link and read the thread you would see where it would say I'm not ready to start yet. But I'm sorry you feel that way.

Anyways, I looked into doing the 12 volt fan mod but apparently people get banned for that. So I might do an Xclamp fix..

Yeah, I don't know why they Ban for the 12V fan mod, it's tampering in their eyes no matter what you do. Even if they had a switch in side, that triggers when you take the Xbox apart, they would consider that a banning offense. I am surprised they don't have that already... M$ really can be babies about stuff, they just assume that if you took it apart, you modded it...

Well I guess I can see their reasoning. It's like, why would you go through the trouble of doing that if your warranty sticker is still in tact and you can just send it to them to be fixed/replaced? I guess they are assuming since you went through the trouble of doing it yourself then there's a reason why you didn't send it back..

Also, instead of doing the 12 v fan mod I purchased an Intercooler from Gamestop ((With store credit)) which helps, but doesn't fix the problem. I can play it for a longer time before it freezes up like that. I guess it will be good enough till I can get some cash for the parts I need for an X Clamp fix.

Oh yea, I'm going to be using this guide. http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair...-clamp_fix.htm

I'd recommend you maybe putting that somehow in the "Useless Link" thing. I did some searching here and I did not find anything at all pertaining to the X Clamp fix..

Well, hope it all works out for you, and yeah, um if you look? The llama link is in there dude, see? No one really looks...
    Also, I can get new DVD drive for my 360 for like 30.00 on Ebay, so, if I find a local place to get mine flashed, I will do that. Why not? It doesn't matter really, because I won't be on live with it. So, I will just buy the cheapest one, and have someone pull the keys from mine, then flash the replaement with iXtreme and keys... You figure, $125.00 to sent it back for repair, ot pay 80.00 for a drive and flashing? Gee, wonder what I would do...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast