Thread: Disc Drive help

imported_timmy1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Is there anyway to know what disc drive you get by looking at the box of the xbox 360? i plan on getting a new one, and i want to have some idea of what kind of serial number i should be looking for. Is there any tips. Im not looking for anything in particular. Just an older disc drive. Cause recently im getting the DG 16ds2 or something like that, but thats not the one i want. Anything but that would be helpful.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

imported_timmy1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well I can't seem to find out where it says I can look at serial numbers on the box. Can you at least tell me where on that link I could find what im looking for?

imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

hi timmy, a quick question what does it matter what drive you get? at the end of the day all drives to date are hackable! the lite-on (DG 16DS2) is just a little bit more complicated because you need an extractor! and 90% of all new xbox's will have the lite-on drive.
    unless you want an older version xbox making chances of getting the 'red light' higher.
    i say go with a new one, if you do end up getting the lire-on then just get the extractor or just take it to someone that can hack it for you.