Thread: Dual DVD drive questions

imported_Anti-Steve is offline -Hacks Newbie

If I retrieved the key and all of the info from my current 360's DVD drive, theoretically I could flash that info to another drive with modified FW to play backups, right? I'd keep the shell off of my 360 at all times and/or make a solution to keep paper clips and the like from falling in :P. Then I could have a way to always confidently connect it to LIVE and play official copies in online multiplayer without a worry AND play backups whenever I want, I'd only have to switch drives. Please tell me if I'm stupid, I just want an excuse to put the parts from my (mostly) useless 360 to use and it would be nice to have the security of one legit drive and one modded drive.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

You can do it that way, but, it doesn't matter now. If they want to ban you, they will. If you make one mistake with the modded drive, it stores in the console, and is transmitted when ever. I know, not everyone can afford multiple consoles, BUT, I have three, and are going to MOD one of them soon... I don't care if ONE gets banned, when I have two other ones. You can keep the flashed one in, iXtreme, latest version... Thing is, they keep making changed, firmware keeps getting updates, so, you have to flash it every time M$ makes a change, when NEW iXtreme comes out...

So what kind of mistakes would register on the console and be reported as suspicious to M$? Or would the fact that it's not the official original drive be caught anyway no matter how careful I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Steve
    So what kind of mistakes would register on the console and be reported as suspicious to M$? Or would the fact that it's not the official original drive be caught anyway no matter how careful I am?
    Wrong Book-Type (Not DVD-ROM)
    Bad DMI
    Bad PMI
    Bad SS
    Incorrect Speed
    Bad Video Partition
    Fails any WAVE
    Jitter tests.

The first 4 fall under STEALTH media. As usual, M$ is now doing what they call WAVE 3 tests for new games, which is why iXtreme 1.6 had to come out. You got to figure, iXtreme started with 1.0, and regular Xtreme before that... There have been 12 changes/updates to the firmware, at least, so that's 12 FLASHES to keep up with not being banned, and you still have a 50/50 chance on getting it, because ya played a bad backup... That, with over 2 million banned consoles? Is it worth it? You're going to get banned sooner or later, you have to assume, so buy another console, a USED one, and flash that...

Originally, regular Xtreme didn't care what backups you made, as ling as the SS was valid. Now, with all the tests are done, the MEDIA has to be made to appear to look like an original. More and MORE steps, and firmware changes are done; JUST to pirate games? If people would put that effort into a JOB, they could buy their games...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    More and MORE steps, and firmware changes are done; JUST to pirate games? If people would put that effort into a JOB, they could buy their games...
    Haha, truth. I suppose it's worth the cost of a used or even new arcade console to have an entire separate box that can run backups without a worry. Thanks for the info.

imported_hen is offline -Hacks Neophyte

The first 4 fall under STEALTH media. As usual, M$ is now doing what they call WAVE 3 tests for new games, which is why iXtreme 1.6 had to come out. You got to figure, iXtreme started with 1.0, and regular Xtreme before that... There have been 12 changes/updates to the firmware, at least, so that's 12 FLASHES to keep up with not being banned, and you still have a 50/50 chance on getting it, because ya played a bad backup... That, with over 2 million banned consoles? Is it worth it? You're going to get banned sooner or later, you have to assume, so buy another console, a USED one, and flash that...
    Does iXtreme 1.51 pass wave 3 tests?
    COD4 mile high club

Adders is offline -Hacks Smarty

Ixtreme 1.51 will certainly play wave 3 games, however, no one really knows all the tests that m$ use so it is not really possible to say that it will pass all the wave 3 tests. Always a risk dude.
    When the need arises, anything and everything becomes a hammer!

No, I don't think so, Wave 3, that's why 1.6x was made... It's only on the NEWER games.