Thread: Strange xbox360:S

imported_pswii60 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok so im flashing one of my frinds xboxs and i opened it upto find a hitachi lg drive inside.. despite it only being a year old and iw as sure hitachi drives were only used in old xboxs. But maybe it wa sold stock and the MFR date is 2007-09-20. However looking further i found the cpu heatsink is oneof the old thin finned ones and the gpu heatsink is one of the newer heatsinks with the 'RROD fix' . And it takes one of the old power packs. Theres also a sticker on the Motherboard that reads, 'ReworkedCPUHS'
    So all of this points towards a refurb console? even though it was bought new from Argos?.
    Also i forgot to add it has a HDMI port and its a premium console.

Adders is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm sorry, the question is...? No but seriously, it sounds like a refurb unit. Are you sure he didn't order one without realising it? many companies sell refurbs alongside new, particularly on thier web sites, at a cheaper price. We do ( I work for a major electrical retailer in the uk) so i would guess argos do too.
    When the need arises, anything and everything becomes a hammer!

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

When they REPAIR or REFURB a console, they all say ReworkedCPUHS, meaning, that they added the floating heat-sink that is connected to the GPU heatsink. I do not know what they do to the CPU one, it looks the same to me for all non Jasper boards.

IT was not NEW... Maybe M$ sold it to them as new, but they are refurbs if they have that sticker in them.

imported_pswii60 is offline -Hacks Newbie

ok thanks :) i understand now, never come across one before.