Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a few questions

shiny snip3r is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi all!

The Story: I recently bought my 2nd xbox off of eBay. I'm not sure if it's modded as the seller wasn't entirely clear about if it has hacked firmware, however I do know it has 2 12v fans. I just made a copy of l4d and it is now on a blank dvd. If it doesn't read the game than it's unmodded. If it does read the game than it's modded (obviously) Either way xbl is probably going to release new updates so what I'm planning on doing is preparing to be able to almost instantly flash my 360 when this happens. what I'm going to buy to make this happen; blaster 360 NE, and x360usb.

Now I need to find a way to power the disk drive, right? so I hear that powering the disk drive with the 360 is BAD.

1. Is it really bad to power the disk drive with the 360? (E74)
    2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, than can I power my 360 without a sata port?
    3. What are the chances my xbox 360 will log e74 if I power the disk drive with it?

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

thank you powerslave. What is your opinion on powering the drive with the xbox? I know you said something about it in the thread but it wasn't too clear to me.

If you do not have a power adapter, you have to use Xbox to power the drive. It does not have a standard SATA or IDE power interface, it is a custom 12 pin header.

ok and one last thing, in the guide you said there was a x360usb adapter for samsung drives, where can I find it?

Team Xecutor?

yeah I've searched for it but I have found nothing. Where have you seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by shiny snip3r
    yeah I've searched for it but I have found nothing. Where have you seen it?
    TEAM XECUTOR!

C'mon man, do some looking around. They have a web site, and links to other suppliers. It's not a USB adapter for JUST the samsung drive, they have one that works with more than the Samsung.

ok I have gone to the team xecuter website that referred me to their supplier divieno and all they have is x360usb for HITACHI drives only. What website are you finding this x360usb revision on?

EDIT: PowerSlave, were you talking about this?

http://www.modchip.ca/store/product....cat=292&page=1

NO, that adapter you show is for SATA HARD DRIVES, do NOT even try that on the XB360 DVD drive.

You have to find one, or MAKE your own. Get a PIN-OUT of the 12-pin header, and make your own PC to XB360 DVD drive power adapter if you have to.

The reason you should NOT use the XB360 to power the drive, is it will detect the DVD drive is not connected to the SATA bus when you pwoer it on. That will be stored, and is usually a sign to them you MODDED the unit, at leat, you opened it up for SOME reason. If you don't play live, then don't worry about it. Lots of people use the 360 to power it anyway, and were not banned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast