Thread: Games saved to HDD...?

homeyg is offline -Hacks Newbie

so if i save a game to the hard drive, what are the advantages?

can i take that game and make a copy of it and play the game on my xbox with the saved game and a copy of the disk? like if i take my cousin's game and save it to the hard drive and then burn the game to a dvd and give him the original back, can i still play it with the dvd? thanks

imported_Dookie is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Advantages - Faster Loading Times and A LOT LESS noise coming from your xbox while playing games.

Also, if you make a copy of your cousins game you can simply copy it to your 360s hard drive directly from the burned copy. No need to use his for that
    ---------------------XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN-----------------------

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by homeyg

can i take that game and make a copy of it and play the game on my xbox with the saved game and a copy of the disk? like if i take my cousin's game and save it to the hard drive and 1. then burn the game to a dvd and give him the original back, 2. can i still play it with the dvd? thanks
    1. No.
    2. No.

No further explanation is required.

Did you not read anything at this site?

Quote Originally Posted by I, In The Main Menu
    You cannot play retail games, or backups from the attached or external Hard Disk, PERIOD! The November 2008 System update (NXE) allows game dumps to the HDD, but still requires the original to boot & play the game. This is not a HACK, it is an option that M$ is allowing.
    You people HAVE to look around, the RULES have the link in it, and you consistently refuse to do it. There is no REAL excuse to ask a qustion like this, when it's in the 6th paragraph of the main menu link... LAZY is all it is, kids, want everyone to do for them...

homeyg is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave

can i take that game and make a copy of it and play the game on my xbox with the saved game and a copy of the disk? like if i take my cousin's game and save it to the hard drive and 1. then burn the game to a dvd and give him the original back, 2. can i still play it with the dvd? thanks
    1. No.
    2. No.

No further explanation is required.

Did you not read anything at this site?

Quote Originally Posted by I, In The Main Menu
    You cannot play retail games, or backups from the attached or external Hard Disk, PERIOD! The November 2008 System update (NXE) allows game dumps to the HDD, but still requires the original to boot & play the game. This is not a HACK, it is an option that M$ is allowing.
    You people HAVE to look around, the RULES have the link in it, and you consistently refuse to do it. There is no REAL excuse to ask a qustion like this, when it's in the 6th paragraph of the main menu link... LAZY is all it is, kids, want everyone to do for them...
    how does the xbox (unmodded) detect if the disk is an original or not? there has to be a way to bypass the protection... or copy the contents and make it as if you were the the developer... right? like companies make the disk, so can we just copy the contents and make a new disk just like the companies do? or is it more complicated than that? thanks.

how does the xbox (unmodded) detect if the disk is an original or not? there has to be a way to bypass the protection... or copy the contents and make it as if you were the the developer... right? like companies make the disk, so can we just copy the contents and make a new disk just like the companies do? or is it more complicated than that? thanks.
    If ANY that were true, then we would not need Flashed DVD Drives, now would we? It is more complicated than that. Even backups you make for modded 360s have to be precise, and contain the security sector, and all physical information the disc contains, and a non standard layer break.

DO you even know HOW to copy an Xbox 360 game correctly?

I also suggest you read the Backup procedures, and flashing tutorials, and anything you can on how the 360 works.

imported_Dookie is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I assumed his drive was flashed, my bad.
    ---------------------XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dookie
    I assumed his drive was flashed, my bad.
    Maybe it is, maybe not. If it is? Then it's his fault he got the wrong answer, because AS USUAL, no details in the original post. Also, the way he worded it, seems like he doesn't even know how to make backups properly.

Still, his fault no matter what the assumptions are, because, we had to assume due to the LACK of information.