Thread: Should the 12v fan mod process go like this?

Espionage724 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I plan to do the 12v fan mod on my Falcon 360.

First I was gonna take the 360 apart, first with the front plate, then the gray plates. Then I was gonna start to take the case off but only after I get the warranty sticker off (hair dryer, knife, wax paper). Then I was gonna take the cases off and then start unscrewing the box.

Once I get access to just the motherboard, I was then going to do the fan mod (I guess cutting the blk wire and putting it somewhere else) and then slowly start putting the case back together. I was going to leave the warranty sticker off incase I needed to reopen the console.

So is this process going to go as planned?

Also is there any other cheap cooling mod I could do?

Espionage724 is offline -Hacks Newbie

OK I did it.

I reapply thermal paste to my CPU and GPU (OCZ Freeze)

I did the 12v Fan Mod to both fans (cut brown and red wires)

I got the warranty sticker off (a tiny piece of silver got stuck on the console, but its barely noticeable)

The warranty sticker for my DVD drive though got damaged (I put it back, its not noticeably broken unless you look hard)

For the 12v Fan Mod I even put a piece of paper above the CPU Heatsink so that the fan pulls more air from it. I did this too with the GPU Heatsink.

Also I did find out that my DVD drive said Philips and Lite-on. (These were the only 2 words that involved companies on the entire label. It also said it as Philips & Lite-on Digial, something like that). So does that mean I could follow the instructions for a Lite-On drive?

imported_Dookie is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Yup, its a lite-on drive then.
    ---------------------XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN-----------------------