Thread: Halo 3 ODST Leaked

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

And no it wasn't leaked by a bootlegging pirate either.

Apparently this game store in France began selling retail copies a week before the intended release date.

From: http://gamersyndrome.com/xbox-360/ha...t-copies-sold/

“Remember when Halo 3 was sold in Britain a week before its official release? Well it’s happened to Halo 3: ODST, in France.â€

That’s right, Halo 3: ODST copies have been sold in France. The discovery was made when a person from France posted a video on Youtube (now removed) about “opening Halo 3: ODST†, the video basically shows the man opening up Halo 3: ODST, and showing off. People have (as usual when it comes to things like this) taken sides, “it’s real†and “it’s fake†. To end these arguments.. it’s real. To prove that it is real Microsoft France has issued an official statement stating that “anyone who is caught playing the game will ultimately be banned from Xbox Live.â€

Wait… so it’s not just this person who has a copy of the game? Oh boy.

Just like when Gears of War 2 was leaked, anyone caught playing the game will be banned.

It’s strange how this has now happened to three games in the Halo franchise, first Halo 2 in Britain, then Halo 3 in Britain.. and now Halo 3: ODST in France.

But the strangest thing about this all is that he didn’t illegally download the game from the Internet, and then transfer it onto his Xbox, he simply bought from a retail store over the counter. I recommend anyone who doesn’t want the story spoiled to not search Halo 3: ODST anywhere apart from Bungie.net, where you can find all the updates for ODST.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

No matter how you get it, if you play it before release, you can be banned. This is not the first time THIS has happened either.

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Yea. And the ones who went on LIVE with the game who didn't know any better will be unlawfully banned.

I think they should just keep a close eye on CRC checks that way the ones with unmodded consoles and legally purchased game discs don't suffer

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

imported_Dookie is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I still haven't played any of the Halo games >.> played a little multiplayer with some friends one time but i didnt really find it all that entertaining
    ---------------------XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN-----------------------

imported_hen is offline -Hacks Neophyte

too bad its halo... For me personally halo is too fake. CODmw2 is the game I will be frothing over.
    COD4 mile high club

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

This is NOT HALO, as we all know it. This one takes place BEFORE Master chief drops in for Halo III. You are just a normal drop troop... Halo was the first game for the XB1, so everything else after that is going to be redundant. I liked Halo, Thought Halo II was ok, but Halo III was just repetitive, and, I actually put it away for months because I was tired of it. I only finished it because it was there to Finish.

I also hear the REACH version of Halo is coming out, where it all started.

Than again, HALO was HALO because you were on one of the HALO space stations, where as H3 takes place on Earth, and should not have been called Halo.