Thread: Weird thing on the new xbox 360 elite in the white boxes

imported_flezet is offline -Hacks Newbie

Today I saw the new xbox 360 elite in the new white boxes and there was something that i found kind of weird... Why is there one heatsink missing? It's still 150 watts and 12.1A so why the new floating heatsink that microsoft added in the newer models to reduce the heating problems is now missing?

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Still 150 watts? AS apposed to what? 205 (original), and 175 (Falcon)? Jaspers are Lower power, they don't require the floater, with the lower nanometer process.

imported_flezet is offline -Hacks Newbie

That's the whole point. its STILL 150 watts, it's a jasper console. if it was lower i would understand why the floaters are gone... but its still 150 like all the others. All the jaspers consoles that i saw until the new elites had 150 watts (of course) and the floaters. I dont know if the jaspers doesnt require the floater but all the jaspers consoles ive seen (many consoles) still had them so i only wanted to know if something changed or if someone knows why the floaters are gone.
    I dont think the floaters on all the jaspers i saw until today were unnecessary.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

It is what it is, you're better off asking Microsoft. Why some have it and others don't, well, they would know for sure. People here can only speculate why they got rid of it.