Thread: Buying a xbox360

princeofdarkniss is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi guys new to this forum just have a quick question i want to clarify ty in advance. well i want to buy my first xbox 360 and flash the drive though i hear that there are some drives that have no flashable memory, so my question is what would be my safest bet in buying a flashable xbox 360 would it be buying a preowned xbox 360 from ebgames , buying a new one from ebagmes or buying one off ebay, note i would prefer a new xbox 360 rather then someones used one as well as an old version that tends to over heat. if it matters i am living in australia and have a budget of au $500 which is $100 above the price of a brand new xbox pack.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Who ever told you there are drives with UNFLASHABLE memory lied to you, if you assumed that, you didn't do any research. The latest drive has been fortified, but, just like the predecessors, it will be hackable eventually.

Buying a used one from like, EB Games, and suck? If you then buy their warranty makes it as much as a NEW one anyway, so buy a new one for the 1-Year unconditional replacement, and 3-year 3LOD and E74 warranty. KEEP your receipt, or they go by the MFR date on the console.

MFG 2009-08-17, LOT 0942.

Buy one that is made BEFORE August 2009; since the latest ones have the unreadable DVD drive, meaning, they can't extract the firmware yet, let alone write it.

Stay Away From:
    MFR DATE 2009-08-17, LOT 0942. It has the Philips-LiteOn DG16D2S-09C, Unreadable by DOSflash; (’Invalid Drive Data’).