Thread: use the normal hdd with new type hack

brainstormer is offline -Hacks Newbie

this is the idea,

since m$ let you install games on the regular hdd and uses the original disc to spin for proof check , wouldn't it be possible to search for the command line/hexline/ thingy that verify's the check for the original dvd ?

w.o.w. with the latest jtag hack and external usb drive you can play games by replacing the default.xex, could it be possible to alter the security on the original hdd so that it works in the same way without the big dashboard nand hack ? (it's alreay possible to uncriplle the hdd so why not alter the source code to load games from regular hdd)

i know people will say the first boot loader and stuff but keep in mind, you can uncripple the hdd so there would be more possible.

regards

me

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by brainstormer
    this is the idea,

since m$ let you install games on the regular hdd and uses the original disc to spin for proof check , wouldn't it be possible to search for the command line/hexline/ thingy that verify's the check for the original dvd ?
    Maybe later, they don't care, since now, you can HDD load anyway without checks from the start.

w.o.w. with the latest jtag hack and external usb drive you can play games by replacing the default.xex, could it be possible to alter the security on the original hdd so that it works in the same way without the big dashboard nand hack ? (it's alreay possible to uncriplle the hdd so why not alter the source code to load games from regular hdd)
    No, that's why there is the JTAG hack - but this may lead to other discoveries.

i know people will say the first boot loader and stuff but keep in mind, you can uncripple the hdd so there would be more possible.
    Uncrippling the HDD is nothing drastic, you're just using a backup of data already in the NAND, but if it weren't there, you would not be doing it.

regards

me
    I think you should read up on the SCENE, you're asking questions that have alternatives, that produce the desired result.

brainstormer is offline -Hacks Newbie

thnx i will look into it, this is all new for me yesterday i did my first jtag on a old xbox and worked like a flame and did an uncriplle on a 8955 dash worked also like heaven so now i will try to get a big hd instead of the 20 gig and make it run games without dvd

great site guys keep up the goodwork

greetz

Dennis