Thread: Transfering Complete hard drive contents.

TyroneBiggums is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey there, I just bought a new 120gb hard drive and xbox transfer cable, both from Ebay. The transfer cable came with a CD and a Read Me telling me to use the following file 'xport360-EN.zip.' So I have installed XPort 360 and am ready to transfer the ALL contents of my maxed out 20gb.

I want to make sure I don't mess up my Xbox Security Signature so I can still play online and play all my Xbox Arcade games I've bought. The manual says: WARNING: You can NOT copy one Xbox 360 hard drive to another Xbox 360 hard drive using the “backup to image� option!!!! It is possible to transfer individual files & folders (game saves, demos, etc).

I'm worried I may mess things up like usual, the manual isn't very clear to me on how to transfer ALL contents, especially games I've bought, etc... so could someone please help me out and tell me how to do this transfer? I'm sure someone here before has transfered their complete hard drive using the method I have to.

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

I think you should be able to just hook the transfer cable in to your 360 with the 20 GB HDD attached to the cable and your other one attached directly to the system and your 360 will do it for you. Xport 360 is just for people who want to keep backups of their own content on their computers to maximize storage space on their hard drive. You know, back up a game, delete it off the hard drive, download new games.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

TyroneBiggums is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ya unfortunately I don't have the Microsoft software required, the CD that you must run once you hooked up the transfer cord up properly. I bought my transfer cord from eBay and didn't realize it was a 3rd party cord with a software CD but it wasn't the software I thought it would be.

In order for me to get the Microsoft software for transferring I have to buy the whole package deal, and I don't need another transfer cord, I'm not sure how much the bundle is, probably around 30 to 50 bucks.

I'm willing to try Xport 360 if I can get confirmation I can transfer all my Xbox data such as all the games I bought and download content purchased, without Microsoft security signature problems.