Thread: Which modchip to install in the Xbox 360?

rustynails is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi,

Years ago, I modded the original Xbox, now I am thinking of modding the 360. I am a newbie in modding the 360. My question is, what modchip should I install in the 360?

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

You have a lot more research to do... There is no modchip for the 360 like there was for XB1.

Modchips are for the DVD drive so you can play backups.

A modchip solution should be in the works soon, for the JTAG hack, JTAG? SEARCH...

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Yea.

Also there's two custom kernels you can run with the JTAG hack. IF you get a xbox 360 with an exploitable kernel and an exploitable motherboard, that is. An exploitable kernel is anything below 8xxx. However, to see if your motherboard is compatible, you have to get a nand dump and check the CB version. And to get a nand dump you have to build your own LPT connector and solder it to the board.

Anyways, one is XBReboot which can be installed natively on the on board flash. The other one requires Cygnos, which is just a secondary flash unit.

But since you're a noob at all this, I'd suggest looking on ebay for one that's been pre jtaged.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n