Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game says required update to play

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Finally, the first time this has happened to me. I could not play Alien -vs- Predator till I updated the console. It updated to the Summer 09 update, thus no JTAG hope for that console. It did not ban the console, and it did not cripple the hard drive installs, so it is SAFE as far as that goes. I think it is pretty shitty that they have followed Sony's footsteps in MAKING you update to play a game. These companies are going too far with this stuff... I paid the money, and if I don't want to update, then I should not have to, to play it. You pay 60.00 for game, you can't play if you don't update, and the store won't take it back once opened.

The_Wii_Nes_Boy is offline -Hacks Smarty

Welcome to the world of "getting screwed by M$"
    The sleepless insomniac !!
    Check this out-> The Wired Network Box - World of Stuff
    http://twitter.com/WiredNetworkBox

mgdman44012 is offline Banned -Hacks Smarty

That really bugs me!!! Now I understand why some people pirate the games!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mgdman44012
    That really bugs me!!! Now I understand why some people pirate the games!!!!
    The pirated copy would do the same thing, so that's really not a valid excuse for those people. SO, you buy the game, or copy the game, either way, it makes you update. I am not mad, just irked me a little bit, I have two other consoles... Even if I only had one, I really don't care, I don't plan on JATGing a console, but it's a drafg that they MAKE you update to play a game, that willpoay without it. They are only making you update to protect their rights, that is the ONLY reason.

So some people get MAD and pirate more games BECAUSE they got Mad at that mandatory update? Really? Wow, I hope those same people aren't out there killing other people because they failed them in some way... Piracy isn't a justification for making them update, that's pretty sad.

mgdman44012 is offline Banned -Hacks Smarty

@ Powerslave Why is it that no matter what anyone says you have to talk down to them or make yourself seem better then they are.. get a life..
    Your so worried about M$ rights...Gimmie a break your the admin of a hacking site!!!! Get off your high horse already. All I meant was if the game is pirated your not out 60 bucks if you do not want to update....

Yeah, again, ADMIN of a HACKING SITE, not www.Xbox360-Pirates.com

Mandatory updating is NOT a reason for people pirate, because the pirated game will ALSO ask to update.. People pirate because they don't want to PAY for games, and that's it. Very few PIRATE them to "test" to see if they want to buy the original, but why, when they have the copy.

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Actually, you could patch your iso with a lower version update and it wouldn't make you update before you play it.

Just of course don't play the game on LIVE.

Also, you're just NOW figuring out they make you update your console before you play a game? They've been doing that since launch

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

The_Wii_Nes_Boy is offline -Hacks Smarty

Yeah Tekken 6 updated me :(
    The sleepless insomniac !!
    Check this out-> The Wired Network Box - World of Stuff
    http://twitter.com/WiredNetworkBox

Quote Originally Posted by psphackr
    Actually, you could patch your iso with a lower version update and it wouldn't make you update before you play it.

Just of course don't play the game on LIVE.

Also, you're just NOW figuring out they make you update your console before you play a game? They've been doing that since launch
    I have been playing for years, and this is the first time a game has made me update to play, the VERY first time, yes...

imported_equlizer is offline -Hacks Newbie

im a little confused. This is only for Jtag'd systems? I have a firmware hacked lite on drive that updates the games and i can play them just fine?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast