Thread: 360 motherboard

oc_moraga13 is offline -Hacks Newbie

can someone please tell me what the round thing with wire wrapped on it is? sorry, dont know how to upload pic to show. there is like 5 of them on board. one of them broke off motherboard!where can i get replacements? thank you

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

I know what you are talking about, I forget what they are called, but they are ferrite, plastic, or ceramic wrapped in wire, making a coil.

The BOTTOM middle is what you are referring to?

They are one of the basic electronic components used in electronics where current and voltage change with time, due to the ability of inductors to delay and reshape alternating currents.

Adders is offline -Hacks Smarty

How on earth did one break off? Should YOU really be inside your xbox?
    When the need arises, anything and everything becomes a hammer!

oc_moraga13 is offline -Hacks Newbie

anybody have a few extra laying around and 6.3v 820uf capacitators? or know where to get some? i live in so cal

face2face11 is offline -Hacks Newbie

@ oc_moraga13: sorry man, but i gotta say it; good luck finding a capacitator! maybe they're somewhere near the amplificators, next to the transisterodes, below the inductificators, but above the zener diode-ifiers, just adjacent to the kanuter coils and flame-a-gurgen valves!!! (said in jest; i'm a technician, and i can't begin to recount the veritable plethora of ridiculous mispronunciations i have encountered over the years... like people calling subwoofers "snubnuffers" and the like... lol...) but seriously, for electrical components, try a retail store such as fry's electronics, or just google it man. (but make sure you spell everything right when entering text into any search boxes; it will greatly enhance the likelihood of your finding the desired results!) :P