Thread: Questions about using JTAG online in private matches.

Caden is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am about to jump into the more "heavy" research on modding xbox 360s (I am new to this) but before I start investing time I have one question.

I keep hearing all of this stuff about having Jtag xboxes banned because they were used online and even because they were used offline... Would this mean it is impossible to host private online matches that are modded (I don't need any sarcasm or crap for this, I am sure that it is, just want to know for certain) without being banned?

My main goal with this modding is to be able to muck around with my friends. If it doesn't work we will just have to muck around splitscreen.

Also, if you system linked to a Jtagged xbox would the unmodded xbox store the reports of the anomalies and get banned as well?

Adders is offline -Hacks Smarty

If you take a jtag online (XBL) at ANY point, its gonna get banned, M$ aint stupid, they know. If you NEVER take a Jtag online, it can't get banned. System linked to a Jtag, I doubt that the vanilla xbox would get banned, in fact I'm quite confident it wont. You don't get banned for going online with an unmodded xbox and joining a modded lobby thats being run on a jtag either, you can end up there by accident, It's the jtagger thats breaking the rules, not you.
    When the need arises, anything and everything becomes a hammer!

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

You can't connect to LIVE period. They will ban you shortly after connecting even if you don't play a game.