Thread: New way to run "BACK UP" games?

imported_icehomie7 is offline -Hacks Newbie

OK, so i'm new to this site but have been interested in modding and Xbox's for a while now. So here is my theoretical question. If you wanted to flash you Xbox and play back up games it takes a moderate level of experience, and voids the warranty by opening up your Xbox to flash it. BUT if you have the ACTUAL copy of the game you can install it to a flash drive. HOWEVER, you still need a copy of the game in to run it. The reason you need the disk is to verify that you did in fact buy the game. SO, what if you put a copy of a backed up game on a dual layer DVD and stealth patched it and all that other good stuff, would that be enough verification to run the installed USB copy of the game? In other words, could you rent a copy of a game, download it to a flash drive, put a burned and patched copy of the game into the DVD drive of an Xbox and be able to run it? This would allow you to run backed up games without technically flashing your Xbox and opening it up. Does anyone know if this is possible? Please do not write it off as a no without a reason. :)

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Don't wright it off without reason?

It's a 100% NO, end of story..

YOU, are the one that needs to research as to WHY it would not work.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Nope, it won't work. Drives don't work that way. The firmware on the drive checks for various things that would only exist on a legit disc. From the Xbox 1 days, I remember that there was a sector that got read in the inner ring of the disc (where the Xbox holograms are) to verify the disc.

I know there are verification processes just like this on the 360, I just don't feel like looking them up right now.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter