Thread: Does the new update affect Samsung drives?

mk92595 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Question Does the new update affect Samsung drives?

I heard there is a new update coming May 10. I also heard that it flashes drives back to ofw. Does it affect Samsung drives on LT 1.0?

PSP 3001:6.20 Pro-B6 Permanent | PSP 1001: DEAD
    XBOX 360: Flashed (Samsung MS28) LT 1.0
    Wii: Softmodded 4.1U

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

I don't know about dates or anything but the beta dashboard updated drives and I had to unhack my drive to get it.

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I haven't heard anything about this...

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Yes, whenever the new update drops, it will update your drive. LT 2.0 is being prepared for this dashboard update:

http://xbox360.dashhacks.com/2011/04...im-liteon-0225

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    Yes, whenever the new update drops, it will update your drive. LT 2.0 is being prepared for this dashboard update:

http://xbox360.dashhacks.com/2011/04...im-liteon-0225
    awesome....it will support the 0225 drive!!!!!!

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mk92595 View Post
    I heard there is a new update coming May 10. I also heard that it flashes drives back to ofw. Does it affect Samsung drives on LT 1.0?
    Yes it does, even the BETA test dashboard flashes all drives except Hitachi.

Final implementation will be ALL drives. What is not 100% clear is, modded drives flash will fail (some will work), or it will overwrite period. People have already claimed to have been overwritten their firmware with OFW.

The $SystemUpdate now contains the firmwares.

You can look it up if you want, it's on the front page, in the news somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Submitted by Powerslave on Tue, 04/12/2011

Flashes the following:
    Slim LiteOn: PLDS DG-16D4S 0272
    Phat BenQ: PBDS VAD6038 04421C
    Phat LiteOn: PLDS DG-16D2S 02510C

Samsung drives are updated with files from $install_extender.xex which contains 4 patches: ms25p1f9, ms25p2f9, ms28p1f9, ms28p2f9. Each patch is 48.4 KB and makes a couple of KBs of changes in parts of the firmware.

HITACHIs are not being flashed.

A new AP25 challenge table
    - 4 known games are in the table - all known language versions of AC:B, Fable III, NFS:HP and Halo Reach.
    - These 4 games each have a new set of challenges so the current available patches will not work with a LT+ CFW.
    - Call of Duty MW2 and Black Ops have been removed from the table so unpatched and patched backups should work with a LT+ CFW. Confirmation to follow.

AP2.5 is ignored on all Samsung, plus all Hitachi drives v59 and lower.

Theories are, they must have stock drives to test the new file system, so they make sure of it, and the latest firmware. This will more than likely, remain as another AP measure, so that each time there is a system update, your drive will be flashed; maybe not (we hope). So, hackers will have to continually work on CFWs, of they continue to use it.

IF anyone with a Hitachi is doing the Beta, and the Halo Reach Beta works, then we can rule out that the DVD drives HAVE to be updated to read the new file system. Your console ID, that you have to submit for the beta, will let them know what drive you're supposed to have. So, they could have ruled out all Hitachi users for now. Still, this would be a huge PR issue if they can't update Hitachi drives, and new games with XGD3 will not work, thus you're stalled at using older formatted games.