Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ***warning*** to everybody with a flashed xbox 360

mk92595 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Exclamation ***warning*** to everybody with a flashed xbox 360

An update is coming upon us on 5/19/11.

It flashes ALL Drives to OFW and and it uses a new format XGD3.

XGD3 is a new form of the discs so ALL your backups are unplayable on the new update. It also has security and AP checks. It has an extra layer so DVD DL WON'T work.

***THIS IS JUST A WARNING SO STAY OFFLINE IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN ON CFW AND STILL HAVE YOUR BACKUPS WORKING.***

PS. ALL DRIVES ARE AFFECTED 100%

PSP 3001:6.20 Pro-B6 Permanent | PSP 1001: DEAD
    XBOX 360: Flashed (Samsung MS28) LT 1.0
    Wii: Softmodded 4.1U

mgdman44012 is offline Banned -Hacks Smarty

I don't plan on updating till we know more I have two 360's one I will the other I will not till we see what drives it effects I read somewhere Hitachi drives are not flashed I have my fingers crossed that they will be unaffected..We won't know till it is out what it really does..But that is good advice DO NOT UPDATE Till we know more. I got lucky with the 2.5 this old Hitachi has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by mgdman44012 View Post
    I don't plan on updating till we know more I have two 360's one I will the other I will not till we see what drives it effects I read somewhere Hitachi drives are not flashed I have my fingers crossed that they will be unaffected..We won't know till it is out what it really does..But that is good advice DO NOT UPDATE Till we know more. I got lucky with the 2.5 this old Hitachi has been great.
    I have a samsung and sadly im affected also thanks for the info ill add that in.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

It would not be fair to hitachi owners to be left out, and not be able to play games with the XGD3 format. Word is ALL drives will be flashed... They can't leave people with hitachi out in the cold...

This update is supposed to bring PayPal to the Dashboard.

This update distribution is happening in six separate waves to "ensure a high quality deployment." Alongside the update, the Avatar Kinect app will also be available on May 27 as a separate download.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Im not worried about it. My 360 stays offline.

mgdman44012 is offline Banned -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    It would not be fair to Hitachi owners to be left out, and not be able to play games with the XGD3 format. Word is ALL drives will be flashed... They can't leave people with hitachi out in the cold...

This update is supposed to bring PayPal to the Dashboard.

This update distribution is happening in six separate waves to "ensure a high quality deployment." Alongside the update, the Avatar Kinect app will also be available on May 27 as a separate download.

Is it not possible that the older Hitachi drives can some how already read the new format? Does anyone know if the beta halo disk worked on the Hitachi?

Quote Originally Posted by mgdman44012 View Post
    Is it not possible that the older Hitachi drives can some how already read the new format? Does anyone know if the beta halo disk worked on the Hitachi?
    The new format is in the update so it is not possible

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

It will read the disc to update, because the update is in the data portion. I have asked if any people were using hitachi lower than 78, if it worked. We know they are not flashing the Hitachi drives with the beta dash, but I have not found anyone that has said they were able to play the Halo Reach BETA in one, and I am not using my 47D.

People have said that they have reflashed their drives back to CFW after this update flashed it, and the reach disc worked, so how is it drive firmware dependent if that worked?

Looked through countless threads, and no one has any information on Hitachi drives and the Halo Reach beta disc working in it.

There are also the SILVER discs, and GREEN discs. The Silver discs are sent to people that have to update over the internet. The GREEN discs are sent to those that update from the disc.

theEvilOne is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Well eventually I will buy a newer 360 that I'll use to play games online that I've actually bought, but in the meantime my current hacked Xbox will remain disconnected while I enjoy all my free gaems. It hurts though, as I'm an update whore. :sadface:

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

I have a hitachi 79 in a 360 elite
    I got in the beta program and got the reach disc (silver disc) and installed the update
    reach disc worked fine

the drive was never touched before and still had stock firmware on it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast