Thread: New unmodded drive needed?

theoutlaw is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default New unmodded drive needed?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

My sons xbox360 drive broke, when i say broke the tray just ejected and stays out, you have to manually push it back to close but then it ejects straight away, the only way to play a game is to push it close and hold it there for a few seconds and force it not to open this was a workaround for a week or so but now it wont open with game inside.

So im presuming a new drive is needed, unless there is a quick fix remedy you know of?

Now its not modded in any way and i just want a working drive, and was wondering if its something i can do myself, and if so whats the best way and drive i would need?
    Doesn't need modding/hacking just a new drive is fine.

Many thanks

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

in order to replace the drive would need the 360 apart and need the key off of the old broken drive as the drive and the motherboard are "Married" and if the key doesnt match then it will reject the disc and only play dvd movies/music cds

in order to get the key it would require tools that would most likely cost you more then you would want to pay just for a 1 time use your best bet would be to possibly find someone on craigslist to do the dirty work *you can open the 360 up yourself find out the drive thats inside then get a replacement* then have someone who has the tools get the key and put it on the new drive
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

theoutlaw is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks for the reply

Oh so you need special tools in order just to get the 'key' sounds like can be expensive and hard work lol

Im in the UK and Ive seen a site that offers to repair for £40 and if needed a new drive £30 on top.

Does that sound like a good price?

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

i would check around and see if there are others but remember sometimes you have to pay a little more for quality

make sure they are reputatiable too
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.