Thread: update

dandee1980 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default update

i got a xbox360 from my work. (out the junk) had to reflow it and it all works now its on db 2.0.12625.0 I know its way pass the jtag spot.
    I would like to flash the dvd drive I know how from befor I would like to know if its better to get the db up to date be for I do it ? I know if u update it will its flashed it goes back to stock and have to do it all over again . and is there any more talk about the time attack hack and will u have to buy a chip or something to get it to work.

thanks

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

flashing the dvd drive..depends on what kind of drive is in it if its a newer 360 like a slim it would need to be opened to determine what kind of drive it is and what is needed to flash it

but if you dont mind spending the extra cash you can look into getting it "chipped" which would make it sort of like a jtag
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

i have a old xbox360 with a hitachi dvd drive in it

I have a old xbox that can be jtaged but the motherboard is fu-ked could I take the nand off it and put it on a motherboard that is the same board and then jtag it ?
    don't know if u can do that just thought I would ask I know that the nand can be jtaged when I was trying to do it a ball of solder drop on the board on the south bridge on all the small resistors .

cant take a nand image and put it on another motherboard AFAIK unless...hmmm i dont remember reading anything about it but i think if you can take the nand chip/s off the defective one and place it in a working same model one it could possibly work..but i wouldnt try it unless if there is no other way to save it because like i said i dont think it would work..

more research shall be needed! lol

hitachi drives are fun i recommend downloading jungle flasher and read the pdf that comes with it there should be all the info about flashing the drive in that pdf
    THREAD RULES:
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum

ya ok. should i get the dashboard up to date befor i flash it?

ya thats what i was thinking on doing the hole nand chip off and put it in the other one . i get them all the time in the junk...lol i tryed to read up on it but i cant kind anything on it thats why i asked here ...

anyways thanks for the help

i been way from it for a bit i dont know if the new update for the xboxs block u from flashing the drive

AFAIK on the older xbox's like the hitachi drive they cant do anything to block it other then update the dashboard but on the newer slim and the new E consoles i believe they can update the firmware on the drive itself as well as the dashboard
    THREAD RULES: