The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need hddss.bin From A 20GB Seagate Hard Drive

dkenny is offline -Hacks Newbie

Could anyone possible give me a link t o where I could download the hddss.bin file from a 20GB Seagate Xbox 360 hard drive.

A friend of mine was messing about with it and ended up low level formatting it, so now it wont work on the Xbox 360.

Cheers.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

If you would have even BOTHERED to search the forums, you would have found it! I won't search for you, but it IS here in the forums.

Oh, I believe it is in the HDD Upgrade Tutorial, DUH...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    If you would have even BOTHERED to search the forums, you would have found it! I won't search for you, but it IS here in the forums.

Oh, I believe I said the hddss.bin file for a seagate drive, DUH...

If you would have even BOTHERED to read my post, you would know this!

Anyway. I did search the forums (and google), though did not find anything about the Seagate hddss.bin file. I have tried to load a hddss.bin file from another type of drive onto it but it would show up on the Xbox.

So, if anyone actually understands what I'm looking for could they possible point me in the direction of where to get this file.

Cheers.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=xbox+360+hddss.bin

It's ALL THERE, maybe you don't have the ability to grasp this whole, your friend screwed you, scenario...

Oh, I know exactly what you want, NEED in fact, but you just don't know anything about it, and that is obvious.

It all boils down to: LOW LEVEL FORMAT = You're Screwed. GO buy a 60 or 120GB WD BEVS drive, get the HDDSS.BIN for the drive and upgrade. Your friend, who is an idiot, should be held liable for what they did, and pay for it.

The program for writing the file does NOT SUPPORT SEAGATE DRIVES.

Yeah... you really think I have not tried Google?

I know HDDHACKR does not work with seagate, that is why I am doing it myself.

all I need is the first 44bytes from the Seagate HDDSS.BIN.

So "Powerslave", can you actually help me get this file? Not looking for your opinions on how to do it, I just want the file (or first 44 bytes of it).

EDIT: Sorry, it is actually the first 68bytes not 44bytes

EDIT-2: After working with other hard drives I have and looking into the format of HDDSS.BIN I will actually need the first 348bytes of the file. Thought the 256 length of data at offset 0x005C was a hash of the Xbox serial, but since it changes from drive to drive from the same Xbox, I think it must be a hash of some\all of the data before 0x005C in the file.

All and any help is appreciated :)

If you don't have YOUR security sector from YOUR drive, then you are out of luck. The security sector contains, among other things, the serial number of the drive. If you didn't make a backup of that, or the entire drive, then the drive will never work in any xbox, unless someone bothers to write a modified firmware and updates hdhacker to support it.

Keep beating your dead horse dude, you won't get anywhere.

Even though you need the HDDSS.BIN, you still need your original drive information, that is made with a backup, or image made with Xata, or Xport, or other way, using Xplorer360; to make it easy. It is not the CONSOLE serial#, it is the drive's serial# you need.

Since your drive was formatted without having that? YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK, plain and simple, I don't know why you won't understand that.

There is a complete tutorial here on upgrading the HDD, again, I say that, and it tells you what you need to do, and you missed the most important step, having YOUR DRIVE backed up!!!

Well under all the bullshit you spew I managed to dig out your point...

Maybe try being a bit more specific next time instead of being a dick and I could have got your point in your first reply.

Maybe if you would have read the HDD UPGRADE tutorial that has been here since December of 2008, you would have got the PROPER schooling you needed... It is quite clear... Sorry, just the brutal fact. Your friend should be buying you the 99.99 60GB bubble pack...

everett4 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave

2+ years ago or not. You are a goof.

I have searched this forum. and i do not believe there is the seagate 20gb hddss.bin file on here.

can anyone direct me to a location?

troy2000 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Please take a few seconds to Google this. You will find the file you are searching for. In all honesty, it should be blatantly obvious that we can not directly provide you with copyrighted material.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbox+360+seagate+hddss.bin

And for the record, PS is not a "goof". He is simply (and quite rightly so) tired of dealing with people who wish to be spoon-fed information and are incapable of conducting their own research.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast