Thread: Xbox 360 S w/ Kinect 4GB USB Cable

imported_vahnx is offline -Hacks Newbie

Is there a USB cable adapter that will convert the proprietary USB Kinect sensor that comes with the slim to connect to my PC? I looked on Microsoft's store and I'm unsure if it will work on a PC (read something regarding volatges being different). I want to code for the devic and use it on my PC as well as my 360.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

No, you would have to make one, and NO don't ask for the pin-out, it's already here! SEARCH!

imported_vahnx is offline -Hacks Newbie

Dude I searched to no avail, the search function sucks. You can make it so it shows related posts as you type.. I was asking a different question, not about making my own. I've read all of your posts and most of them are raging like a child. Grow a set, admin. I no longer wish to be apart of your community.

Bullshit, I searched on "Kinect pinout", and guess what came up? THE ANSWER
    I searched with the forums here, AND Yahoo & Google!

Guess what came up:
    Kinect connector pinout by Powerslave - Hardware 11 01/06/11 13:05:24 by Powerslave

You searched though, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... You people really must have no clue with keywords man, it's here, in the hardware section of the forum, right in front of you. Welcome to the 62%...

jay123_2 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I thought that the power supply you get with kinect for the old fat 360 works with kinect on pc as its usb connection i belive its either 5.2v or 5.4volts so kinect joins the power suply then to usb plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dont rape me for being wrong
    but this is how im going to use to connect to me lappy to see what fun i can have with the source codes on the net

Quote Originally Posted by vahnx
    Is there a USB cable adapter that will convert the proprietary USB Kinect sensor that comes with the slim to connect to my PC? I looked on Microsoft's store and I'm unsure if it will work on a PC (read something regarding volatges being different). I want to code for the devic and use it on my PC as well as my 360.
    Reach 100 posts x

There is, but it's like fifty bucks, but you can make your own. I put the pin-out in the hardware section about a month or so ago, along with a detailed conversation with another user. Though, this guy would have you think it don't exists, since he searched for it, and did not find it.