So I did a little poking around and I apologize if this isn't what this community does. It seems like most of you are hardcore warranty voiders but I still have a little longer on my warranty haha. Anyway let me get to the point

I bought a transfer cable from Amazon, it arrived today didn't have a disc or anything just the cable.

In the past I had a transfer cable and was able to hook my HDD up to my computer via the cable, however it wouldn't do anything unless I restarted the computer.

When I restarted the computer it would immediately recognize the HDD and I could proceed to opening it up with Xplorer360, and doing what I wanted to.

Today when I plug in the HDD to my computer it is saying it's unable to recognize it. Click here for more options and this is what it says...

Unknown Device
Device type: Universal Serial Bus controllers
Manufacturer: [Standard USB Host Controller]

Device Status: No drivers are installed for this device.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter.

My question is, did Microsoft patch it to where you can't hook your hard drive up to your PC with the Transfer Cable?

Are there drivers for the HDD or the Transfer Cable?

I saw some drivers on this site but I was unsure about installing them, not entirely sure if they are the way to go right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!