Thread: broken hitachi disc drive..

imported_generotti is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have a hitachi disc drive that will not spin discs, i took it apart and watched it and it tries to but it is very choppy and is unable to be read. i got a benq disc drive from my friend and that works just not in my xbox, so i was wondering what will i need to do to ethier fix the hitachi disc drive or use the benq. id like to flash it when im done if i can get etheir of them working in my xbox.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

You will need to buy the EXACT SAME hitachi drive. You put your LOGIC BOARD into the one you bought, then reinstall.

If not, you got the BenQ, you must get the KEY from your hitachi, then flash the BenQ with it. You will be banned from Live.

i would be banned even if i got the key and flashed it? and the logic board is like the circuit board inside my disc drive?

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Yes, spoofed drives are detectable on the Kinect dashboard. In Addition, depending on the ROM version of the Hitachi, you won't be able to play games that require AP25.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

ohh i see. so i need to get a hitachi, what is the logic board? and also what games require ap25?

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

at the least, Pre 79 Hitachi and all Samsung drives are not effected by AP2.5! I was told ALL hitachi drives are unaffected by Ap2.5 measures. I just bought two banned units, they both play AP2.5 titles with the latest connect dashboards, and one is a Hitachi, the other is a Samsung.

If you want a QUICK FIX, you must buy the drive you have, and swap the circuit board. That will be the main circuit board where the SATA and 12PIN connectors go into, nothing else.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    at the least, Pre 79 Hitachi and all Samsung drives are not effected by AP2.5! I was told ALL hitachi drives are unaffected by Ap2.5 measures. I just bought two banned units, they both play AP2.5 titles with the latest connect dashboards, and one is a Hitachi, the other is a Samsung.
    Pre v78 drives aren't affected by AP25. The v78/v79 are, that's why LT+ was released for the Hitachis in the first place.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

alright. well im gonna sound like an idiot but i don't understand this.. what is ap25 and lt+