Thread: Original dvd drive replacement

minimal_animal is offline -Hacks Newbie

Exclamation Original dvd drive replacement

Hello guys, i have a spoofed xbox slim, so i've bought an original 9504 Drive
    so i just wanna know if there's any tutorial (even on video) that can explain how to replace FROM a
    spoof TO an original DVD drive.
    will that need any solder, there's any need of chip replacement, or is just remove the spoofed one and insert the original?
    thank you guys

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

It's already going to be banned, or Is banned, so you may as well leave it alone. Changing the drive will not unban it, nor will it prevent one if it was flagged.

The original drive that was in it, had no write solution, so they put one in that could be flashed; that's why they put another one in, and spoofed it. Or, they thought that would let them play AP2.5 titles, when that's not the case either.

This said because you offered no reason why you want to put an original drive back into it.

If you update to the latest dashboard, the drive will be flashed with OFW anyway.

minimal_animal is offline -Hacks Newbie

i'm sorry, i mean, its not for banning problems,
    its just to use an software flashed dvd drive, to don't have future problems with that new dashboard.
    i read about the need to fulldump the dvd drive that my xbox had when its been spoofed, but it is almost impossible, cause i have no more contact with the guy who did it.
    So there's any other way to replace my spoofed to a new drive?

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by minimal_animal View Post
    i'm sorry, i mean, its not for banning problems,
    its just to use an software flashed dvd drive, to don't have future problems with that new dashboard.
    i read about the need to fulldump the dvd drive that my xbox had when its been spoofed, but it is almost impossible, cause i have no more contact with the guy who did it.
    So there's any other way to replace my spoofed to a new drive?
    You will have to follow the dvd key extraction procedure for the drive that's currently spoofed in your Slim. Once you obtain the dvd key, you will have to spoof it onto the LT+ 9504 firmware and then follow the procedure for flashing the Slim drive. It's all explained in the Jungleflasher tutorial:

http://xbox360.dashhacks.com/downloa...-v140-tutorial

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter