Thread: Is there a way to put a new drive on a different 360 and make it work?

kingofbigmac is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Is there a way to put a new drive on a different 360 and make it work?

I have looked and I can't find an answer I am looking for. I have 2 360's. One is old with no drive but it works. The other RROD's and I don't have the parts to fix it. I really tried and bought a kit to fix it and it still RROD's. So right now I am doing the penny fix to try that and see how it works but that is a different story. The RROD 360 has a fully working drive and I was wondering if the disc drive will work with my old 360. I have no means of getting the old drives keys and its been 2 years since I last dabbed into modding a console so I thought maybe the game has changed a little since then. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ni72ous is offline -Hacks Newbie

You should be able to, you can use jungleflasher to obtain the keys (as long as the drive ain't completely dead) but some newer drives will need a probe to obtain them, and you will need a compatible SATA chipset or SATA card, check the jungleflasher site for a tutorial.

Edit: Sorry I misread your post, not sure how or if you can extract the keys from the 360 with no drive.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

It depends on the dashboard you're on. Ever since the Kinect dashboard, spoofing is detectable and don't work. It also depends on the drive as well. You can only switch like with like..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

kingofbigmac is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yea looks like I am screwed. What repair methods do you guys recommend then? I need new thermal paste. I just tried the penny fix and it didn't work very well. It did take longer to display the RROD so maybe it worked. I appreciate your help!

mgdman44012 is offline Banned -Hacks Smarty

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

If you don't have the KEYS, you will not be able to put another drive in that one that doesn't have one.