The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!




 
Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?




Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

 


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Flashing xbox 360 without opening case

  
  1. #1
    imported_Guest Guest

    Default

    i wanted to know if it was possible to flash my 360 without opening the case. i saw this video showing how to get to the SATA cable without opening the case so i wanted to know if that was all i needed,was to get to the SATA cable right and connect to my computer. but i dont know what version of Hitachi dvd i have. is that important ?

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68353928&hl=en < THIS IS THE VIDEO

  2. #2
    imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    hey kay11224, the xbox 360 you saw in the video is an already opened and modified xbox 360! you'll have to open your xbox 360 to get to the S-ATA cable to connect to your computer!
    and regarding your DVD-Drive (Hitachi) yes you have to make sure what Hitachi drive it is because some models are flashed differently than others.
    here's a post regarding some DVD-Drive flashing: http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/forums/...ic.php?id=4696

  3. #3
    imported_Guest Guest

    Default

    im gonna flash my 360 tomorrow and i wanted to know what is the best flasher to use for xbox live so i wont get banned. ive been reading that iXtreme firmware is a lesser risk of getting banned. can i get some suggestions on which flasher to use. ive already downloaded 360 Firmware Toolbox, and Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_2_Stealth. which is the best flasher

  4. #4
    imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    the latest iXtreme is the best, get that and flash your DVD-Drive with it!

  5. #5
    imported_Guest Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragon-x
    the latest iXtreme is the best, get that and flash your DVD-Drive with it!
    oo because i was thinking in using the Maximus-Garyopa Hitachi-LG Xtreme v2.3 Stealth 8in1 Revision2, and i heard it prevents getting banned from xbox live

  6. #6
    imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kay11224
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon-x
    the latest iXtreme is the best, get that and flash your DVD-Drive with it!
    oo because i was thinking in using the Maximus-Garyopa Hitachi-LG Xtreme v2.3 Stealth 8in1 Revision2, and i heard it prevents getting banned from xbox live
    dude c'mon! If you were thinking of that firmware then go for it, don't forget that that shit is from October 2006 (mmmmm it's been 2 years old)! why hesitate and ask questions on 'ban this ban that'?

    all i'm saying is that you asked someone's opinion, got it! but then carrying on with the topic just to get some reassurance on the whole ban issue! stop it! the answer that was given is reasonable and it makes sense!

  7. #7
    imported_Guest Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragon-x
    Quote Originally Posted by kay11224
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon-x
    the latest iXtreme is the best, get that and flash your DVD-Drive with it!
    oo because i was thinking in using the Maximus-Garyopa Hitachi-LG Xtreme v2.3 Stealth 8in1 Revision2, and i heard it prevents getting banned from xbox live
    dude c'mon! If you were thinking of that firmware then go for it, don't forget that that shit is from October 2006 (mmmmm it's been 2 years old)! why hesitate and ask questions on 'ban this ban that'?

    all i'm saying is that you asked someone's opinion, got it! but then carrying on with the topic just to get some reassurance on the whole ban issue! stop it! the answer that was given is reasonable and it makes sense!
    i swear some of u people can be real ass holes i didnt know that the firmware was from october i dont sit in front of the computer all day like u do, go outside and get some ass. im just asking a question thanks for ur help D1cK

  8. #8
    imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    well done! very mature :lol:
    do you know why you didn't know that the firmware was 2 years old? simply put: you didn't do your homework and never even bothered to read the 'readme.txt' file included that gives you all the info!
    so i'll tell you what, seeing that i'm a geek that's stuck in a basement with no sunlight coming in......... or going out..... oh and someone that doesn't get ass (personally i prefer p00ssy) but whatever makes you tick! i'll post a couple of links here that give you everything you need in order to successfully flash your console! (yes, you would have to sit in front of your computer and read a bit! but it's ok tomorrow is another sunny day to get sunlight so you won't get too white too quickly my sun tanning amigo!)
    enjoy:

    Firmware hacks: http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/category/3

    Tutorials: http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/category/2

    Flashing bible: http://www.360mods.net/tutorial/Textbook.pdf

    n00b Menu: http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/forums/about3835.html

  9. #9
    imported_Guest Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragon-x
    well done! very mature :lol:
    do you know why you didn't know that the firmware was 2 years old? simply put: you didn't do your homework and never even bothered to read the 'readme.txt' file included that gives you all the info!
    so i'll tell you what, seeing that i'm a geek that's stuck in a basement with no sunlight coming in......... or going out..... oh and someone that doesn't get ass (personally i prefer p00ssy) but whatever makes you tick! i'll post a couple of links here that give you everything you need in order to successfully flash your console! (yes, you would have to sit in front of your computer and read a bit! but it's ok tomorrow is another sunny day to get sunlight so you won't get too white too quickly my sun tanning amigo!)
    enjoy:

    Firmware hacks: http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/category/3

    Tutorials: http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/category/2

    Flashing bible: http://www.360mods.net/tutorial/Textbook.pdf

    n00b Menu: http://www.xbox360-hacks.com/forums/about3835.html
    yea thanx for the info but i found another program that cud flash my hitahi drive its called 360 Firmware Toolbox 4.8, will this do the trick as well

  10. #10
    imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    yeah, the '360 Firmware Toolbox 4.8' is a nice little all-in-one application! it gives you everything you need, it's actually one of the best methods to go, plus version 4.8 is fresh out of the oven and is the most up-to-date!
    here's a little quote that might come in handy:

    WHAT IS IT ?
    ----------
    A graphical tool to handle several common dvd-drive firmware
    tasks. This is the better tool you will find.

    You can copy-paste the keys from one firmware to another not
    matter if they are different vendor (samsung / hitachi / BENQ)
    and not matter the version of the FW

    Allows SMART PATCH for rolling code firmwares (Hitachi 0078/0079) and
    also Direct Flash on all drives, even the nasty 78/79 drives.

    RAWDUMP does not work fine with SIL chipsets yet, be aware of use
    the validate checksum feature to avoid bad dumps and bricks. We
    will be working on SIL chipsets later.

    The flasher/restore appears to be rock solid now, also very easy
    to understand, so this could be the base to flash future firmware
    releases, even on the 78


    FEATURES:
    ---------
    - Direct Dump and Direct Flash over all versions of GDR3120L drives
    even the 0078 FK drives. For 79 FK you will need aditional device
    attached to the drive.
    - Allow copy-paste of the keys between firmare not matter if
    they are crypted or not or if they are different vendor or
    even better, not matter which version of Fw (46,47,59,78 etc)
    - Do common firmware tasks with a mouse click
    - Supports Samsung and Hitachi firmwares All Versions
    - Shows Vendor, ROM version and also if its CRYPTED or NOT
    - Allow crypt or decrypt the files
    - Shows the 16 byte Keys not matter if the file is Crypted
    - Allows adding of TAGS to a KEY like Owner, Serial No, Date.
    (Dont worry, the tags are not saved onto firmware file)
    - Fully Integrated with Windows Context Menu (like winrar)
    - Fully Supports 512 KB firmwares (2 banks)
    top notch! good luck with the flashing process!
    cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •