Thread: Extracting Rock Band DLC Files

faith.cronin is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Extracting Rock Band DLC Files

Hi guys. This is probably inappropriate for me to ask, but I can't seem to find info anywhere else. Here's my situation:

I do not own any video game platforms (including Xbox). I would like to PURCHASE certain Rock Band DLC files for Xbox (download onto my computer, if possible) and then crack the files just to capture the multi-track music onto .mogg files. I simply want to do this for listening pleasure. I don't want to play the games. And I have no intention of selling anything. I just want the multi-tracks.

I know this can be done, but I am having the most difficult time coming across information. I have Googled many phrases, and I haven't come up with anything concrete on how one can do this for themselves (no tutorials?). I want to be able to crack these files myself and convert them to multi-track moggs. I know this can be done. It's been done to death. It seems the hackers are keeping this knowledge well hidden.

It's even possible to crack the most recent DLC files from Rock Band 3. I have many of them that have been shared by hackers, including a multi of "Edge Of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks which just came out for Rock Band last month.

I really would appreciate any info you guys can spare. Thank you.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Not sure how you would go about doing this but it would start with a JTAGed xbox. You can't download DLC to your PC. Not legally anyway.

After some sniffing around I discovered that you don't need to have a JTAG Xbox in order to do this. There is a loophole. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please PM me. I am very anxious to learn about this.

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

There may be a way to copy the content to a flash drive since they added the ability to use flash drives as storage but I doubt it will be a very friendly format for you.

I did a little googling for you just out of curiosity. Play around with your DLC and see what you can find. The tool you're looking for to get at the songs is called arktool. Maybe try psx-scene They're really lax on copyright policy. Can't share copyrighted material here so I don't know how far to go with this.

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.